Domino's Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Employee in Franklinton, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Domino's (Franklinton, NC).

Interview

I applied online for an assistant manager position and was called by the stores manager less than 12 hours later. We spoke on the phone and set up a meeting. I showed up at the store and the manager informed me that he needed to fill 6 delivery positions and 6 customer service positions. I reminded him that I was applying for a management position and I have past experience supervising employees in a food-service setting. He said that the store only promotes from within. So in essence, the online listing for a managment position is a ruse to get people into the store so they can be offered an entry level job at min wage, at least that's how it seems to me. He offered me the choice a delivery or in store job starting at $7.25/hr(not negotiable). I politely declined. My whole afternoon was basically wasted. I didn't drive across town to be interviewed for an entry level min wage job, I applied for management and I expected to be interviewed for management. At least the manager was friendly.

Interview Questions

Was offered a position and pay much lower than expected.

Other Interview Reviews for Domino's

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Domino's.

Interview

Can you walk? Do your arms work? Well come work for us.we have an awesome benefit package and it will be a fun place to work. You won't be unsatisfied.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alhambra, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Domino's (Alhambra, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call/phone interview about a week later. The gentleman asked me to come in the next day for a 1:1 interview with the GM of a store and himself. I was informed on the spot that he wanted to hire me, but I had to wait for the results of my background check to come in. I received news that I had passed the background check and that I would be starting training this coming week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Aside from the skills you have learned in your other jobs, what skills have you learned in life that will help you in the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Domino's (Madison, WI) in December 2014.

Interview

Very lengthy process. Three different interviews. The first was with the DM. This one lasted about an hour and went well. The second interview was with the franchise owner. This one lasted about 45 minutes. The third was a working interview. This interview was about 3 hours long. I actually worked with the crew and tried different stations. From start of process to job offer was 6 weeks.

Interview Questions

Was offered a wage. Thought the wage was too low so asked for a little more. Never heard back from DM.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Domino's.

Interview

I do not remember It was three years ago. But it is very simple anybody can be hired if they can speak english well. make sure you smile and talk about how good you are with customer service

Interview Questions

• There was none. They were pretty easy   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted minimum wage

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Domino's.

Interview

I was called in after three days of waiting after applying. I applied for management and was interviewed under those pretenses. I was told at the time of the 'interview' that it was for all positions currently available. The manager called at 10:30am and wanted to meet at 11:30am. Very uncoordinated and unprofessional in my opinion. I went in two hours after the call, after asking for a later interview time, and was asked to wait for 15 minutes while the manager dealt with a rush. When asked to come back he asked me one question, "Why did you leave your Starbucks management position?" I answered and he seemed happy with the answer. The manager then handed me a pile of papers to sign and said it was for a background check and that the district manager will be in touch in 48 to 60 hours with the information on training and that after that call, I should call him to get onto the schedule the following week. They were really rushed and he didn't talk about salary, position, or anything. It was over all a very very poor interview and it makes me question what type of people they hire with this sort of process. When the DM calls me I'll have a list of questions to ask her because the manager was over all very uninformative and disinterested in the whole interview process.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Domino's.

Interview

Formal. Held at a Domino's store (which was really cool to me), was taken to a small office (store was quite small) where I sat with the franchisee, and he looked over my application and held a very detailed interview. Was in and out (just like a pizza) very quickly.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation phase. Was offered a higher rate than expected/wanted and was happy to accept. Quickly got a $1 raise (about 1.5 months)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medina, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Domino's (Medina, OH) in January 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application and turned it in, before I left the building the store's general manager asked if I had a few minutes for an interview, she asked simple questions and after about 5 minutes she gave me a packet of company mandated paperwork. This packet included a direct deposit form, permission to inspect vehicles, permission to drug test, permission to do a basic background check, proof of insurance and a copy of your ID. After about a week I began working.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really out of the blue. Basic questions. How long have you lived in the area, had your licence, hows your driving record, criminal charges, how well do you handle stress. Easy questions   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Domino's.

Interview

Two interviews based on manager skills

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Domino's (Annandale, VA) in December 2012.

Interview

I was interviewed in the customer area of the store I would likely be at, by the regional manager at the time. He wanted to take me as an assistant manager, but I declined due to familial obligations. My friend, who wanted to take that position from me, failed to do so and probably would not have been hired as an insider either, due to his management of his appearance (or lack thereof). He might have been hired as a driver, but I doubt it. I instead took a lower position, which was a mistake. The questions were comprehension-based, and along the lines of the usual interview questions- What is important in this business that differs from other places? What can you give me that other people can't?, in order to judge potential intelligence- as it was a managing position.

Interview Questions

• What kinds of things are important in business?   1 Answer
    • Is the customer always right?   1 Answer

I was pressured to decline a higher position by my family and a particular associate of mine, who actually ended up trying to take the position from me and ultimately failing.