Domino's

Getting the Interview

12 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Domino's in June 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process is pretty simple they will pretty much tell you on the spot at the interview if you are hired or not.

Interview Question – Not to many difficult questions mostly common sense   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Domino's.

Interview Details – I was called in after three days of waiting after applying. I applied for management and was interviewed under those pretenses. I was told at the time of the 'interview' that it was for all positions currently available.

The manager called at 10:30am and wanted to meet at 11:30am. Very uncoordinated and unprofessional in my opinion.

I went in two hours after the call, after asking for a later interview time, and was asked to wait for 15 minutes while the manager dealt with a rush. When asked to come back he asked me one question, "Why did you leave your Starbucks management position?" I answered and he seemed happy with the answer.

The manager then handed me a pile of papers to sign and said it was for a background check and that the district manager will be in touch in 48 to 60 hours with the information on training and that after that call, I should call him to get onto the schedule the following week. They were really rushed and he didn't talk about salary, position, or anything. It was over all a very very poor interview and it makes me question what type of people they hire with this sort of process.

When the DM calls me I'll have a list of questions to ask her because the manager was over all very uninformative and disinterested in the whole interview process.

Interview Question – Why did you leave your last job?   View Answer

Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Domino's.

Interview Details – Formal. Held at a Domino's store (which was really cool to me), was taken to a small office (store was quite small) where I sat with the franchisee, and he looked over my application and held a very detailed interview. Was in and out (just like a pizza) very quickly.

Interview Question – "Why Domino's Pizza?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation phase. Was offered a higher rate than expected/wanted and was happy to accept. Quickly got a $1 raise (about 1.5 months)

Assistant Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Domino's.

Interview Details – Two interviews based on manager skills

Interview Question – One thing you have done to improve yourself recently?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Domino's in September 2011.

Interview Details – I placed an application to be a delivery driver while job hunting. Got a call back about a week later from the General Manager, asking me to come in for an interview. He offered me the job after the interview, pending a drug test and background check, and I started work the next week.

Interview Question – None of the questions were outside of the norm: "Tell me about yourself", "What's your greatest strength and weakness", etc.   View Answer

San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Domino's in January 2009.

Interview Details – In house interview done by General manager of store. Pretty casual and asked questions about goals and work ethics

Interview Question – How would you handle a customer you know is in the wrong   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – Agreed to hours I proposed and pay was substantial to work required

Fayetteville, NC

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Domino's in March 2009.

Interview Details – Always need ppl but never hires , You need to call and ask to speak to manager between 10-3 none busy hour or show up in person

Interview Question – can you pass a background check   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I started as a driver then move up the highest the pay manager is 13

Woodbridge, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Domino's in November 2012.

Interview Details – I had to apply online. I was called in for an interview, then was sent to do a drug test, then I was scheduled for a second interview. That manager never showed up so the GM called me and told me I had the job.

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Iowa City, IA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Domino's in July 2011.

Interview Details – I met with the general manager of the store and was tested on basic knowledge required for the job on a paper test. I was then interviewed by the GM for approximately 30 minutes to prove my knowledge of math and my background information, specifically my previous work experience. I also had a discussion with a regional manager regarding a new computer based training system implemented by Dominoes just that week. I was the 1st person at our location on S. Washington St. to test the efficacy of this new computerized education and training software. I would advise any interviewer to practice before hand with a friend who asks quick questions and allows little time to think about an answer. The interviewer will mostly answer questions which test the ability to perform the job being interviewed for.

Interview Question – What is an experience from previously in your life which shows your ability to lead a group of people?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No. I was unable to negotiate. Their are opportunities to advance in the company which are performance based.

Kingman, AZ

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Domino's in July 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed first on the phone, brought in for a face-to-face with the District Manager and THEN had a third interview with the owner. It was a long, 5 day process where I originally turned the job down due to the low pay. They convinced me that I would move up quickly in both salary and position and that I should give it more consideration. I later accepted the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – Not able to negotiate anything really. I did ask for Sundays off and got that, but nothing else.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Domino's

Worked for Domino's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Domino's Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Domino's employees and interview candidates.