Domino's Interview Questions

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

1.6

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Domino's.

Interview

Can you walk? Do your arms work? Well come work for us.we have an awesome benefit package and it will be a fun place to work. You won't be unsatisfied.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Domino's (Alhambra, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received a phone call/phone interview about a week later. The gentleman asked me to come in the next day for a 1:1 interview with the GM of a store and himself. I was informed on the spot that he wanted to hire me, but I had to wait for the results of my background check to come in. I received news that I had passed the background check and that I would be starting training this coming week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • Aside from the skills you have learned in your other jobs, what skills have you learned in life that will help you in the position you are applying for.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Domino's.

Interview

I was asked a series of behavioral questions, after which I was not extended a second interview. I thought the process was fairly easy but I was disappointed because I felt overqualified for the position and was not given a second interview. I would suggest highlighting why you want to work for Domino's in answering questions to stand out.

Customer Representative Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Domino's.

Interview

I applied online and got called two days later. Manager was super friendly and nice. Unlike other interviews I've been on, he made me feel relaxed and welcome (but remember to stay professional at all times. They are not your friends till after you have the job). We had a basic conversation about the comoany and had a few jokes about what some employees do. He also talked to me about the delivery rates of the franchise which was pretty impressive. Then he asked me like two questions and i guess i answered brilliantly because he said he'll go home and run a backgorund check on me and get me to my orientation. Literally got a job within the week of applying. Its all about an impressive resume and a stellar smile. If u gotta, laugh at their jokes and flatter them although i didn't have to. But with dominoes, you either get hired on the spot or no.

Interview Questions

• What problems did you run into at your previous job and how did you handle it?   1 Answer
    • How did you handle a complaint from a customer?   1 Answer

Delivery Driver Or Team Member Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Domino's (Seattle, WA) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied via Snagajob and the application consisted of a personality assessment, plus quizzes on math, spelling, reading, and grammar abilities. You have to answer questions about your driving record, and I admitted that I've had a moving violation within the past three years; I know they'll be checking these things so honesty is the best policy.

I got called back after two days to schedule an interview. The manager on the phone sounded around my age (early 20s) and seemed like he'd be very personable so I was looking forward to seeing how the interview went. I arrived about 10 minutes early, and stood in the store at their empty counter for a couple minutes before an employee came out from the back. I let him know I had arrived for my interview a bit early, and he told me I could go sit wherever and he would come out when he was ready.

When he came out after a few more minutes, we had a basic and strictly business interview about what the job would entail and only a few questions for me, with only one coming close to being about my driving history or capabilities: Why a delivery driver? My response to that was probably nothing too spectacular, but it was pretty much this: "I enjoy driving and making hungry people happy." I did state that I'd be willing to work a different position within the store if that was what the store was needing.

This was my first job interview in a while, having kept my past jobs for at least a year. It reminded me of my earlier job interviews in life in a bad way: the interviewer mostly kept a deadpan expression, failing to acknowledge any answers I provided. I know this is a bad thing because usually you want to make your interviewers smile or laugh or enjoy themselves in some way, which I failed to do, but I think I provided appropriate answers to the questions asked of me.

The last part of the interview was having a few background check papers pushed my way and being told to fill them out. Done! The interviewer told me he'd be letting me know within a few days. Sure enough, I got an email response a couple days later:

"Thank you for applying to Domino's. We appreciate your time and interest in working with us. Unfortunately, we will not be moving forward with you in regards to this position but we will keep your application on file."

Interview Questions

• Are you OK with helping out in the store when you're not making deliveries?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Domino's (Chicago, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied to a Domino's in my area, Not really expecting a call back but the called back within a week and asked could I come in for a interview. I sat down and interviewer with (I guess he was a manager) about the position. He told me alot of Domino's are being renovated and needed new CSRs. I was only asked one question "Why Domino's?" He told me to call back within 1-2 days to see when my background check came back. Very simple interview & No drug test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pay is Minimum wage, and you get 20 hours a week.

Insider Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Domino's.

Interview

I filled out an application and gave it to the manager. A couple weeks later I was asked when I could work and that was it. I had the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Salary was non negotiable

Delivery Expert Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Domino's.

Interview

There wasn't really any interview. I called Domino's twice and they said they didn't have my application on file (that was a lie), so I went in and filled out an application in store and they gave me a packet on where to go and what to wear for the NEO. (Follow that packet, and you'll most likely get the job)

You go to the NEO (New Employee Orientation) and they hand out packets, paperwork, and the Area Supervisor talks to you and the other possible employees. Ask plenty of questions and seem generally interested in the company.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Domino's.

Interview

I applied about 2 weeks before i got called to an interview and he told me to have a copy of my social security and my state i.d i went and , i waited for the manager to get there and interviewed me in his office. He only asked one question which was if i had worked before and right after that he gave me a packet of paper to fill out like for the taxes etc which means im pretty much hired now. Now i just have to go to the orientation and i can get started with my training.

Interview Questions

• There wasnt any difficult questions, the interview was very easy.   Answer Question

Helpdesk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Domino's (Ann Arbor, MI) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied via Domino's website and (unbeknownst to me at the time) a recruiter. Received a call from the recruiting agency within hours and was setup on an interview with the head of IT at Domino's within a day or two.

When I arrived at Domino's Farms (their HQ) I was not met by the Director of IT or even a manager I was met by two employees of indeterminate rank and title. They were very nice but were not dressed professionally or even neatly and by their obvious discomfort and confusion were not part of the management hierarchy.

The interview was short because neither interviewer asked particularly good questions and the questions they did ask were not relevant to the position. For instance I was asked if I can write scripts; to which I explained my familiarity and past experiences doing so only to be met with the response "Ok, well you won't have to because we do that."

There were many instances of that occurring, asking questions about tasks I wouldn't be doing; which is a waste of everyone's time. Additionally, my interviewers clearly displayed their distain for the franchises they were tasked to help for this project. I was very turned off by the overall lack of professionalism in the interview process and interview.

In the end I was offered the job via my recruiter a day later but declined in part due to the pay ($12 an hour via the agency or $14 via direct hire) and the disorganization I witnessed during the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you handled a difficult customer in the past.   1 Answer