Domtar

Updated Jun 24, 2014

3.2

Sale Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Domtar in March 2014.

I was thrilled to have had two interviews. I was told that I would absolutely be contacted either way..well it is not 4 months later and no word. I felt great about the in-person interview and would have loved to go further in the process. The first was a telephone interview with three people and the next was in person and also with three people, but with two of the people being different.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us a time in your current job that you had to handle a difficult situation and what you did to do so.   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Mill, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Domtar.

The Nowlin selection process is used. They do panel interviews of fixed questions gathering general information regarding your character and likelihood to succeed in the role. There are random questions regarding experience and more personal matters from panel members. Expect more than one meeting before getting a job offer. My colleagues say the experience varies depending on which team you're applying for, but it will always be a panel.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you had a conflict with a supervisor ....   View Answer
    Salary was fixed but I hear vacation is negotiable. They pretty much just made an offer and I accepted it. It was formal and intimidating.

Production Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waco, TX

interviewed at Domtar in March 2013.

A telephone interview was conducted, followed by an interpersonal interview with the Manager three days later. I was given two week to get situated before I started my first day of employment.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an employee that is having a bad day and is insubordinate towards you.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Domtar in April 2009.

Interviewed on college campus. I was one of 15. It was a 1:1 interview with the hiring manager. Questions revolved around knowledge and skills learned through coursework. Paid close attention to GPA, grades. Pleasant interviewer, was able to answer many questions regarding overall company work ethic. However, wasn't versed in the technical aspects.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you resolved a team conflict.   View Answer
    • You state here that you worked/volunteered at ________. How does that experience relate to this position?   View Answer

Sales Service Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Domtar in January 2008.

It started by the standard phone screening interview. Standard question with an unsuspected interest for my compensation. 4 or 5 questions on compensation lead me to believe that they were under very strict budgets. Once this comp issue was "resolved", we moved to my overal experience. I was then brought in for 1:1 successive interviews with HR, sales employees and 2 managers. I suspect one of them was the hiring manager but it was not easy to find out. There was then a full 4 weeks of waiting during which it was impossible to get an udate or to have a phone call or an e-mail returned. In the 6th week, I got a phone call saying that the position would not be filled due to budget constraints.

Interview Questions
    • How would I feel working for a frestry company being regurlarily accused by environmentalists   View Answer