Donaldson Company Interview Questions & Reviews

2.5

Receiving Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Valencia, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valencia, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Donaldson Company in October 2011.

staffing company I was placed at this company and went in as an assembler, then work my way to receiving lead, in which I have been there for seven years adding many more work duties to my job

there was none

Material Handler II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rensselaer, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rensselaer, IN

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Donaldson Company.

Test and Interview. Pretty easy stuff.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 8 weeks - interviewed at Donaldson Company in January 2014.

I applied online then emailed the recruiter. Phone interview with HR, then in-person with hiring manager. After a few weeks, I was called back in to meet (separately) with the director and some members of the work group. Lots of behavioral type questions, and they seemed to be looking for very specific experience/skills. Be prepared for the behavioral questions.

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Donaldson Company in June 2010.

Very professional, but laid back atmosphere

Human Resources Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stevens Point, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevens Point, WI

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Donaldson Company in April 2009.

DCI used Taleo for screening and I was hired through an outside recruiting firm.
    After I made it through the screening process I was sent to Minnesota for a psychological examination (organizational, that is).

Interview Questions
    I didn't need to negotiate as I was offered an awesome sign on bonus as well as a compensation package that exceeded my expectations.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at Donaldson Company.

Without question, one of the worst companies I've ever interviewed with. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate, complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • After a lenghtly phone screen Donaldson invited me in for an interview. When I arrived, the interviewer kept me waiting in the lobby 15 minutes past the start of the 30 min interview, then could not find the interview room. When it did start - "sorry but I've got to stick to my schedule and have another meeting", and left after 10 minutes of talking to me! I found that to be extremely rude and inconsiderate of my time. I never have run into that before and one must wonder what it is like to actually work there.

I then foolishly came back to interview for a different position with an equally disappointing outcome. If you've not worked in the oil or air filtration business for 30 years, expect Donaldson to have little to no regard for your skills or accomplishments elsewhere. You might as well stick with a High School diploma and reboot your career because they are unable to translate skills and experiences from other industries.

All in all, an utter waste of time interviewing with this company. I doubted comments made by ex-employees that it's a dead culture and good old boy network - but their behavior definitely confirmed that.
        Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bloomington, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bloomington, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Donaldson Company in May 2010.

Initially I was contacted by phone to see if I was still available. Then HR interviewed me the next day via phone. I was then called back later that day to set up a personal interview with HR and my future boss. Both interviews were very professional, yet relaxed. Very nice people work in HR at Donaldson.

Interview Questions
    • How do you react to situations in which you are given a disproportionate amount of work compared to coworkers?   Answer Question

Shipping Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rensselaer, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rensselaer, IN

The process took a day - interviewed at Donaldson Company in January 2011.

The initial hiring process is through a temporary agency. Once you have met their required criteria you are offered a position at Donaldson Company. You first go through a interview with the warehouse manager and then you are sent for your drug test, they run your background check, and you take the other tests. The HR department is very helpful in getting you through the process quickly and smooth.

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cresco, IA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cresco, IA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Donaldson Company in April 2009.

I was first called in to take an IQ or intelligence test. I took this test with a group of about 20 other applicants. The complete testing procedure took about an hour. Afterwards I had a brief conversation with one of the hiring managers about when they would be hiring and he said they would call me if they were interested.
    The following day I was called to set up a 1 on 1 interview with HR. It was a pretty common interviewing process with questions about past work experiences, your strengths and weaknesses as an employee, etc... The final question was the deciding factor in my being hired or not. The HR interviewer asked if I could work any of the 3 shifts? I had young children and preferred working 1st or 3rd shift only, which I explained. The interviewer asked me the question once again, and this time I said yes that I could make any shift work. I was hired on the spot. It turned out that everyone trains on the 2nd shift for 9 weeks and then you can request a different shift, so it worked out perfectly. My 9 weeks of training was in the summer.

Interview Questions
    Be open minded, and confident.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shenzhen, Guangdong (China)

I interviewed online - interviewed at Donaldson Company in April 2009.

Phone talking-interview with Manager-interview with MBU director.

Interview Questions
    • What's the salary of this job you expected.   View Answer
    Cut down the expectation salary.

Worked for Donaldson Company? Contribute to the Community!