Donaldson Company Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.5

Corporate Function Interview

Interview

Lengthy in that there were several people I interviewed with that didn't have a role in the hiring process. It seemed like a total waste of time and clear that some of the interviewers didn't care to be there or didn't know why they were interviewing me based on the questions I was asked.

Interview Questions

• What outside of the box thinking I could bring to the table.   Answer Question

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Donaldson Company (Buffalo, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

applied through recruiter for contract position in Donaldson in Wisconsin. recruiter setup the phone interview with one of manager at Donaldson a week after. interview was good with manager as he was friend in nature of talking but didn't receive the job offer.

Interview Questions

• resume overview solidwork experience team effort design knowledge about product   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Interview

Not applicable to my situation as the interview was really a fromality as I had already locked up the job. They run you through like 100 people dutring interview process and they are a half hour so oyu do not really get into anything. It is becoming a people processing factory because they are losing so many it is better to have any body and no body.

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Donaldson Company.

Interview

They begin with a phone screen interview with the typical questions. We discussed pay, which fit within my guidelines for taking a new role. Once I made it to a face to face, the questions were probably the easiest I had ever seen. Mainly, describe your background, success, etc. All was going well until the recruiter called me and mentioned the position paid below what they initially indicated....well below. I politely declined further conversation. This seems to be very typically for Donaldson and well known in the Midwest. They underpay compared to comparable roles, and believe you are fortunate to work for Donaldson.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses, and what are you doing right now to improve on them?   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Donaldson Company.

Interview

Donaldson has an extended interview process, which typically lasts for months. The initial screening interview with HR went well, as did a phone conversation with the hiring manager. The in-person interview kept being postponed. Once it occurred, there were 1:1 and 1:2 interviews, but several of the lower-level interviewers did not seem very familiar with the interview process or the job description.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Donaldson Company (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2014.

Interview

Great interview process. The 3rd Party company that does the psychological testing is very rigorous and complete. The team at Donaldson is also bright and honest and the questions were well-thought out.

Interview Questions

• If I got a better offer in 1-2 years, would I think about leaving if I was indeed hired by Donaldson?   1 Answer

Material Handler II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rensselaer, IN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Donaldson Company (Rensselaer, IN).

Interview

Test and Interview. Pretty easy stuff.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Donaldson Company in April 2014.

Interview

Met with 3 different individuals. They asked questions specific to the job and were very welcoming. I liked the fact that they didn't make you feel like you were in for questioning, it was more of a conversation. They also seemed interested in more than just work life, they also asked about life outside of work.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

I applied online then emailed the recruiter. Phone interview with HR, then in-person with hiring manager. After a few weeks, I was called back in to meet (separately) with the director and some members of the work group. Lots of behavioral type questions, and they seemed to be looking for very specific experience/skills. Be prepared for the behavioral questions.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Donaldson Company (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

Without question, one of the worst companies I've ever interviewed with. Very unprofessional and inconsiderate, complete waste of time.

Interview Questions

• After a lenghtly phone screen Donaldson invited me in for an interview. When I arrived, the interviewer kept me waiting in the lobby 15 minutes past the start of the 30 min interview, then could not find the interview room. When it did start - "sorry but I've got to stick to my schedule and have another meeting", and left after 10 minutes of talking to me! I found that to be extremely rude and inconsiderate of my time. I never have run into that before and one must wonder what it is like to actually work there. I then foolishly came back to interview for a different position with an equally disappointing outcome. If you've not worked in the oil or air filtration business for 30 years, expect Donaldson to have little to no regard for your skills or accomplishments elsewhere. You might as well stick with a High School diploma and reboot your career because they are unable to translate skills and experiences from other industries. All in all, an utter waste of time interviewing with this company. I doubted comments made by ex-employees that it's a dead culture and good old boy network - but their behavior definitely confirmed that.   Answer Question