Donor Services Group

Interviews for Top Jobs at Donor Services Group

Telemarketer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hollywood, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Donor Services Group in May 2014.

Replied to a job post on Craigslist, they promise 13 - 15 dollars to start. It's actually 9/hr with bonuses that could "average out" to 13 - 15. No parking, metered parking out front. bring change and allow yourself a few extra minutes for any unforseen "contingencies".They have you fill out a form with a bunch of history questions (I presume its to test your education level and your knowledge of current events) heres a list of the questions I remember:

1. where can you find this quote?: "we the people of these United States....

A) the constitution B) the preamble C) bill of rights

2. What is the MOST important event in the last 6 months? state WHY you think its the most important event.

3. who is the speaker of the united states' house of representatives?
    A) John Boehner B) ?C)?

4. Who was the first supreme court justice?
    A) Clarence Thomas B) Thurgood marshall C)??

5.who was the first female justice?
    A) Sandra day o connor B)? C) ?

that's all I can remember, thought it was a bit much for 9/hr. These guys really emphasize "active listening skills" just keep in mind that theyre constantly judging you on how well you can strike up conversation. good news for those with that natural ability. They will give you a script, and then you have to rehearse it with the interviewer. VERY IMPORTANT: the interviewer will throw you a curve ball, conversation should go something like this:

YOU: "hello mr____, my name is ____, ( follow script for the intro only)....would you like to donate today for,...

Interviewer: "ah, not right now, I cant afford (whatever, excuse)

YOU: (you should acknowledge that they cant afford it, ask them about their first donation or strike up conversation, like "so I see you have donated to animals, may I ask you what made you decide to donate the first time?<----improvise, but strike up converstation to build rapport. worst thing you could do is go right to talking about the money. you don't want to say, "ummm how about just 75 cents a day?".

All in all, I found it to be kind of a hard interview, felt kinda rushed, they will make a snap decision about you right away.(only one shot to nail the script) but those with natural conversation ability should do just fine.

Rep Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Donor Services Group in September 2013.

They made me wait almost 2 hours to speak with someone. They also made you fill out 2 pages of questions about history, charitable organizations and spelling. The guy I interviewed with apologized and thanked me for my patience but after having to put money in the meter twice and getting there at 9:45 it was the least he could do.

Interview Questions
    • What was the biggest event in 2012 and why? (Excluding the presidential elections)   Answer Question

Fundraiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Donor Services Group in August 2011.

Application and Interview followed by 2 weeks of paid training.

Interview Questions
    • A series of questions on paper designed to check your familiarity with issues related to the causes you will be fundraising for.   Answer Question
    • Would you have trouble raising money for conservative causes?   Answer Question
    Hourly wage is non-negotiable. Bonuses are based on performance. Starting base is $8.50 an hour, with periodic increases.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sherman Oaks, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Donor Services Group in November 2008.

found the job posting and sent in application. went in for initial interview to learn about the job and discuss qualifications. brought into training class for 2 weeks before starting the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to resolve an issue and how you did so in a timely manner   Answer Question
    For this position there was no negotiation and I needed the job

Telemarketer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Donor Services Group.

Don't overprepare for this job interview. It is a joke. You found it in the film section on craigslist for crying out loud. They have a quiz to see if you are knowledgeable about current events and how government works. A polysci test. But honestly this is just for looks. It's showbiz to pump you up. Because everything they're about to tell you is a lie. They are not helping anyone. They hire so many people a week just to toss them out with the trash within one to two weeks. That's because you will work the hardest during this time and they don't need people much longer than that.

Interview Questions
    • What appealed to you about this position? (this interview is a breeze, again it's just a formality. Invest nothing into it please.)   Answer Question
    They offered me minimum wage with the false promise of a raise. I was an idiot and accepted.