Door To Door Storage

3 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales - Call Center Interview

Sales - Call Center

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Door To Door Storage.

Interview Details – Pretty extensive process from taking assessments, phone interviews and in person interviews. Have to think outside the box and had some great, challenging questions. Interviewed with HR, hiring managers (that I would work for) and a member of Senior Management. Felt like the company is fully invested and focused on finding the best possible talent by having several different people interviewing from different divisions to provide input to find the best possible candidates. There were quite a few questions that caught me off guard. Sure it's great to practice and prep with standard interview questions, but they had quite a few that caught me off guard and made me think for a bit to find the best answer. All of the people I interviewed with were professional and invested in the process.

Advise - Be up front and honest and enjoy the ride. I learned a lot about the company and myself.

Interview Question – Wow, there were quite a few. I don't remember the specific wording, but there were several questions asking what seperates me from the rest of the pack in my past positions. A job description alone was not enough, they want to know what makes you better than the rest.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straight forward in their expectations as well as their offer, which was greatly appreciated.

Vice President of Sales and Marketing Interview

Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Door To Door Storage in March 2009.

Interview Details – The process was handled by DHR a International Recruiter although not very professional. I made numerour inquiries and was told I was on the "short list", but did not get calls back. I instigated the calls in every case only to be told things were on hold.

Finally after several assertive questions to the recruiter in Seattle I was told the CEO had her own candidates and that everyone they had submitted was rejected. I asked if their cnadidates had met the criteria for the job order and was told yes and sent a copy. The job description was straight forward and did not seem difficult. I called the recruiter once more and was granted an interview and did not hear back. Upon my 4th call to the recruiter I was told one of the CEOs people had been hired?

Interview Question – Describe a management mistake you made in the past - what you did to corrected it and how it has changed your management behavior today.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales

I applied through other source and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Door To Door Storage.

Interview Details – Submitted resume, then had a phone interview, followed by two in-person interviews. Lots of good questions that make you think and several opportunities given to showcase strengths. Lots of detailed sales questions and questions within a question. Very involved interview process that once completed, gained a clearer picture of the company and the position. Walked away feeling that the company got a good idea of what I am capable of and what I can bring to the company.

Interview Question – Need to have a strong understanding of the sales process and encourage honest answers to the questions as they were very insightful. The standard answers that most people give for interviews won't help you succeed, honesty and being up-front is the key.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very straight-forward which I appreciated.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Door To Door Storage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Door To Door Storage interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Door To Door Storage employees and interview candidates.