Doremus

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Doremus.

Interview Details – Very bad experience! As disorganized as others describe. They said they could not find one of the people I was supposed to meet with, and another had to cancel on the spot due to a client emergency (or so they said). It is likely from how it was handled that they decided about me before I even got to those two, which is humiliating to admit but I will do it here anonymously to inform others about how this agency treats candidates. I was waiting in the lobby in between meetings when the receptionist suddenly informed me that I was free to go. I was shocked. I spent hours researching, preparing and taking time from my day for the interview and my background was enough of a match to get the interview (and similar positions in much better agencies). I never heard back from them in any way and that was OK with me.

Interview Question – General "tell me about yourself" questions   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Doremus in November 2010.

Interview Details – My interview experience at Doremus was handled very poorly and lacked professionalism. As mentioned, the SF office clearly has no HR, as the interviews are managed by their receptionist. Unfortunately, my series of interviews was scheduled concurrently with my competition's, forcing me to make awkward small-talk with another candidate between meetings while waiting in Doremus' cramped and dated lobby.

Most of the staff I was supposed to meet with were not available, thus I was pawned off to some unlucky staffers who clearly didn't know how to interview and spent most of the time sharing their generally-negative opinions about other agencies. Tactful questions on my end revealed this company to be very backward in terms of progressiveness and risk-taking - and while B2B is quite a different client, Doremus didn't feel like an ad agency at all.

Despite the poorly-run interview process, I followed up with those I met with thanking them for their time. However, I did not hear back from anyone within the agency. Two months later, I found they filled the position on LinkedIn with someone who had far fewer qualifications and experience than myself, so clearly I was not what they had in mind. Regardless, Doremus exhibited little care to the image they portrayed to potential candidates. Office moral seemed quite miserable as well. My advice: unless you're desperate - stay away!

Interview Questions

San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Doremus in January 2009.

Interview Details – For mid-size agency, I was surprised to learn the receptionist was responsible for the hiring process communications to the candidate. Interview process was fairly standard, but I'm told that the GM of the agency makes all the final decisions, and he is the gatekeeper.

Interview Question – Do you have sample work you can share?   Answer Question

Worked for Doremus? Contribute to the Community!