Doremus

www.doremus.com

Doremus Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Doremus.

Very bad experience! As disorganized as others describe. They said they could not find one of the people I was supposed to meet with, and another had to cancel on the spot due to a client emergency (or so they said). It is likely from how it was handled that they decided about me before I even got to those two, which is humiliating to admit but I will do it here anonymously to inform others about how this agency treats candidates. I was waiting in the lobby in between meetings when the receptionist suddenly informed me that I was free to go. I was shocked. I spent hours researching, preparing and taking time from my day for the interview and my background was enough of a match to get the interview (and similar positions in much better agencies). I never heard back from them in any way and that was OK with me.

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Doremus in January 2014.

Applied via online. Was contacted back in email, and in-person interview arranged within 2 weeks of online application. Was scheduled to meet with 4 different people, for 30 mins each. On day of the interview, the process seemed unorganized and unprepared for. Two interviewers were changed last minute and were totally unprepared.

From my experience, and other reviews, I'm guessing there's a lack of interviewing and HR training. One interviewer asked "How old are you?" which is illegal to ask in an interview. Never had the opportunity to interview with the main creative manager, who had to change plans at the last minute.

Interviews were informal, some interviewers distant. From questions I asked about the company culture and direction, Doremus seems to be in a state of catch-up, with client priorities dictating direction. Impression I got was a currently shifting priority from print to digital campaigns, with an old-school advertising President at the helm.

I reached out to them for a follow up, and they replied I'd be contacted for another interview for the team members who had to change their plans last minute. I was never re-contacted.

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer said something like "I didn't know I'd be an interviewer, I don't have anything prepared. Is there anything you would like to talk about?"   View Answer

Marketing Interview

HR phone call, in person interview with HR and then in person with Director. Horrible experience with Director of Analytics. Rude, egotistical and tough to work -- words of an employee in the elevator.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Doremus in November 2010.

My interview experience at Doremus was handled very poorly and lacked professionalism. As mentioned, the SF office clearly has no HR, as the interviews are managed by their receptionist. Unfortunately, my series of interviews was scheduled concurrently with my competition's, forcing me to make awkward small-talk with another candidate between meetings while waiting in Doremus' cramped and dated lobby.

Most of the staff I was supposed to meet with were not available, thus I was pawned off to some unlucky staffers who clearly didn't know how to interview and spent most of the time sharing their generally-negative opinions about other agencies. Tactful questions on my end revealed this company to be very backward in terms of progressiveness and risk-taking - and while B2B is quite a different client, Doremus didn't feel like an ad agency at all.

Despite the poorly-run interview process, I followed up with those I met with thanking them for their time. However, I did not hear back from anyone within the agency. Two months later, I found they filled the position on LinkedIn with someone who had far fewer qualifications and experience than myself, so clearly I was not what they had in mind. Regardless, Doremus exhibited little care to the image they portrayed to potential candidates. Office moral seemed quite miserable as well. My advice: unless you're desperate - stay away!

Interview Questions
    • How do you establish relationships with clients?   Answer Question
    • What was one recently-introduced innovation that you wish you had thought of?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Doremus in August 2010.

Some of the management team was very unprofessional.

Deceiving hiring practices; makes you think you're interviewing for FT job and then offers you a contractor position.

Interview Questions

They start you off as a contractor.

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Doremus in May 2010.

Applied from a post on Craigslist. Called in to do an in person interview within a day of applying. I spoke with three different people and got a tour of the office.

Interview Questions
    • The two question that I was asked by three different people: 1) Give an example of a time when you gave great customer service. 2) What is a weakness you have?   Answer Question

It didn't seem like a very creative atmosphere for a company that is supposed to be creative. It didn't seem inspiring.

Digital Strategist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Doremus in November 2009.

HR was incredibly professional. Met everyone at the office, all very smart and courteous. Rigorous process, again met EVERYONE. But good communication, respectful, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Doremus in January 2009.

For mid-size agency, I was surprised to learn the receptionist was responsible for the hiring process communications to the candidate. Interview process was fairly standard, but I'm told that the GM of the agency makes all the final decisions, and he is the gatekeeper.