Dorman Products Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.3

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products.

Interview

Willing to work with job candidate's schedule. Relaxed atmosphere, business casual dress code strongly recommended for interview. There are 3 interviewers you meet with after meeting with HR. I found 2/3 interviewers to be well versed in the process. The troubling part of the process was contacting the recruiting team. Many calls were made until we were able to speak one on one. The process was for the most part painless. The position, I was applying for, was clearly explained at time of interview.

Distribution Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Portland, TN) in October 2013.

Interview

Human resources called to set up the interview. I went in for an interview with HR then was asked to wait and had another interview with the supervisor of the shift I would be working. After that we set up time to bring back all my documents. HR was very friendly and great at selling the company. He made me feel very welcome and comfortable. One of the easiest interviews I have had. Most of the time I feel intimidated, but the hiring staff at Dorman are great at making you feel at ease.

Interview Questions

• How long do you plan to work at dorman?   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

Interview with engineering director and engineering manager. Take home engineering design problem.

CAPA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colmar, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Colmar, PA) in November 2010.

Interview

HR Manager. Director of Quality, and Quality Manager

Interview Questions

• Stadndard (google) interview questions   1 Answer

Negotiation

One sided. I was given an offer, I countered, and it was declined. I was told to "take it or leave it'. "Department has limited budget". Company made $536 million in profit that year.

Director of Purchasing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colmar, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Colmar, PA) in June 2010.

Interview

very casual and basic interview. Most if not all questions were standard and canned questions, no creativity. Nothing out of the norm. Feedback after interview was poor, no communication either way for weeks until several follow-ups were done.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Dorman Products in May 2010.

Interview

Worked with headhunter who matched candidates to positions. Did several phone interviews and then was brought in to meet multiple managers. Process was fairly normal, but did have to meet with many people before finally being offered position.

Negotiation

Not difficult

Product Data Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colmar, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Colmar, PA) in March 2009.

Interview

Short and to the point interview, but it was 4 years ago.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dorman Products in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was set up through an executive recruiter, they were very good at preping me for the interview. I interviewed with the person I would be reporting to. Initally I was told they were going to have me cone in for a face to face. A few days latter the recruiter called me and told me they decided to promote an inside person.

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dorman Products (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2010.

Interview

Initially I had to go thru HR via email answering a few generic questions like salary expectations and language skills. Once completed, I was connected with the hiring manager directly upon which I was asked about my personal experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you please define strenghs, weaknesses, types of managers you work best with, types of challenges you have had in the past with management?   Answer Question