Dot Foods

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Interview

Financial
Mount Sterling, IL

The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview Details – The whole process is too long - both the interview and the time it takes to get back to you!! From the application to the hiring decision was about 3 months. I interviewed with at least 6 people individually, over about a month's time. Other places that I have interviewed at use a group panel instead, so that it doesn't take up everyone's whole day. I was also called back in to interview with even more people, and I don't hear anything for a month, and then was called and asked to apply to a different job instead - one that I am overqualified for! They also make you sit through hours of testing, which did not seem necessary for the level of position I interviewed for. Dot used to be known as one the best places to work for in the area, but I had heard from other sources that that wasn't the case anymore, and after my experience, I feel it is most likely true. Everyone seemed nice enough, but kept talking about how hard they have to work, and I only met one person that had actually been promoted within the company. It just seemed like what they were telling me about the company and what I actually saw were two very different things. I didn't even need or want the job, but the whole process was still frustrating, and I will definitely not be looking for any more opportunities with Dot.

Interview Question – They all asked a lot of personality type questions. And many repeats, since they won't interview you all at once and instead do a lot of one on one interviews. I was also asked a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions about my prior/current work experience and education. Many of the interviewers phrased them differently, but i was essentially asked the same few questions over and over again.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview Details – The company first recruited from the college I go to looking for soon to be graduates. There was an initial informational session followed by a 30 minute basic interview. I was invited back for a second more detailed interview and some basic testing. This was followed up by a dinner and an invitation for a third interview.

Interview Question – The first interview was very basic with situation questions like "How would you respond to an employee being grossly insubordinate to you in front of a group? What about if they were to do it in private?" The second interview was more direct and focused on credentials and real life situations that had been experienced at past places of employment. The tests consisted of basic math skills, written response to normal interview questions (such as "Tell about the last time you had a disagreement with your boss. How did you deal with it?), survey about past employment, and then a three part computer test. The computer test consisted of math, vocabulary, and basic logical analysis. The last part was very stressful and hard but apparently most people find it that way.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

Interviewed at Dot Foods

Interview Details – testing, then three different interviews

Interview Question – A lot of personality questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one, they said can you start on this date, and I said yes.

Warehouse Order Selector Interview

Warehouse Order Selector

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was brief, with questions regarding having reliable transportation and willingness to work weekends and overtime. After the phone interview, I was offered an in-person interview. It consisted of 1:1 interviews with three individuals (all behavioral-type questions), a drug test, a video, and a quick math test. After they called my references, I was asked to return to the warehouse to ride-along with one of the trainers to see what the position was like. I then received a call days later for the final step - the physical exam and physical ability test. The process from application to my hire date was five weeks, but I've heard others had a shorter time in between events.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions - all behavioral-type questions like: "Name a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation; the wage is based on the schedule (weekdays or weekends, days or nights, 10-hours or 12-hours) and temperature (dry, cooler, freezer).

Pricing Specialist Interview

Pricing Specialist

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview Details – Received a call, came in for an interview with the two pricing supervisors and manager, fairly straight forward.

Interview Question – Explain how you have created a more efficient process in your previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Management Interview

Management

I applied online and interviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview Details – From the start I was given the impression they were looking for someone else. The interviewer had standard questions presented in an odd sequence. For example he led by asking what questions I had for him.
Standard checks were accompanied by a test of elementary math which seemed odd at this level of employment.

Interview Question – What questions do you have for me? (first question asked)   View Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Management Trainee

I interviewed at Dot Foods in April 2013.

Interview Details – Called me in just to 'chat' about my skills and experiences. Said they were looking for someone with experience yet offer a 12-18 month training program. Great company however, will definitely try again once I get my foot in the door with something else.

Interview Question – Why Dot Foods?   Answer Question

Delivery Driver Interview

Delivery Driver
Liverpool, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview Details – Very easy to get a hold of, and the interview process is all "behavioral" based.

Interview Question – "Name a time when you..."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. You accept what they offer or you don't work there.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dot Foods? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dot Foods interview questions and advice. All 8 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dot Foods employees and interview candidates.