Dot Foods Interview Questions

Updated Nov 3, 2014
Updated Nov 3, 2014

2.9

Order Selector Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview

1 phone interview followed by 3 face to face interviews. Its basic questions of dealing with co-workers and stressful situations. I had my drug test same day as interviews and pyshical a week later.

Interview Questions

• How have you dealt with different types of people?
      Do you have a car to get to work?

1 Answer

Negotiation

Its straight forward pay. Weekend workers get $1.50 more and over nights get $1.00 more.

Corporate Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dot Foods (Mount Sterling, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

After applying (within a week) I received an email to set up an initial telephone interview. The initial telephone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes and I was then asked to come on site to their HQ in Mount Sterling, IL. About 2 weeks later, I had my on-site interview with two people. I spent approximately 1.5 hours interviewing with the first person. The second person was unable to keep the scheduled interview due to unforeseen circumstances. I was then informed that they had 3 other candidates to interview and I would hear back from them the week of Oct 13. On Oct 22, I sent the company an email to follow-up. I was then informed that the company was going to continue their search for a person for this position and they thanked me for spending some time with their process.

Financial Interview

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dot Foods (Mount Sterling, IL).

Interview

The whole process is too long - both the interview and the time it takes to get back to you!! From the application to the hiring decision was about 3 months. I interviewed with at least 6 people individually, over about a month's time. Other places that I have interviewed at use a group panel instead, so that it doesn't take up everyone's whole day. I was also called back in to interview with even more people, and I don't hear anything for a month, and then was called and asked to apply to a different job instead - one that I am overqualified for! They also make you sit through hours of testing, which did not seem necessary for the level of position I interviewed for. Dot used to be known as one the best places to work for in the area, but I had heard from other sources that that wasn't the case anymore, and after my experience, I feel it is most likely true. Everyone seemed nice enough, but kept talking about how hard they have to work, and I only met one person that had actually been promoted within the company. It just seemed like what they were telling me about the company and what I actually saw were two very different things. I didn't even need or want the job, but the whole process was still frustrating, and I will definitely not be looking for any more opportunities with Dot.

Interview Questions

• They all asked a lot of personality type questions. And many repeats, since they won't interview you all at once and instead do a lot of one on one interviews. I was also asked a lot of "tell me about a time when..." questions about my prior/current work experience and education. Many of the interviewers phrased them differently, but i was essentially asked the same few questions over and over again.   Answer Question

Management Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview

The company first recruited from the college I go to looking for soon to be graduates. There was an initial informational session followed by a 30 minute basic interview. I was invited back for a second more detailed interview and some basic testing. This was followed up by a dinner and an invitation for a third interview.

Interview Questions

• The first interview was very basic with situation questions like "How would you respond to an employee being grossly insubordinate to you in front of a group? What about if they were to do it in private?" The second interview was more direct and focused on credentials and real life situations that had been experienced at past places of employment. The tests consisted of basic math skills, written response to normal interview questions (such as "Tell about the last time you had a disagreement with your boss. How did you deal with it?), survey about past employment, and then a three part computer test. The computer test consisted of math, vocabulary, and basic logical analysis. The last part was very stressful and hard but apparently most people find it that way.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

testing, then three different interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't one, they said can you start on this date, and I said yes.

Warehouse Order Selector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to setup a phone interview. The phone interview was brief, with questions regarding having reliable transportation and willingness to work weekends and overtime. After the phone interview, I was offered an in-person interview. It consisted of 1:1 interviews with three individuals (all behavioral-type questions), a drug test, a video, and a quick math test. After they called my references, I was asked to return to the warehouse to ride-along with one of the trainers to see what the position was like. I then received a call days later for the final step - the physical exam and physical ability test. The process from application to my hire date was five weeks, but I've heard others had a shorter time in between events.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions - all behavioral-type questions like: "Name a time when..."   Answer Question

Negotiation

There is no negotiation; the wage is based on the schedule (weekdays or weekends, days or nights, 10-hours or 12-hours) and temperature (dry, cooler, freezer).

Pricing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview

Received a call, came in for an interview with the two pricing supervisors and manager, fairly straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Explain how you have created a more efficient process in your previous job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Management Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dot Foods.

Interview

From the start I was given the impression they were looking for someone else. The interviewer had standard questions presented in an odd sequence. For example he led by asking what questions I had for him.
    Standard checks were accompanied by a test of elementary math which seemed odd at this level of employment.

Interview Questions

• What questions do you have for me? (first question asked)   1 Answer

Management Trainee Interview

Application

interviewed at Dot Foods in April 2013.

Interview

Called me in just to 'chat' about my skills and experiences. Said they were looking for someone with experience yet offer a 12-18 month training program. Great company however, will definitely try again once I get my foot in the door with something else.

Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dot Foods (Liverpool, NY).

Interview

Very easy to get a hold of, and the interview process is all "behavioral" based.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. You accept what they offer or you don't work there.