Dotomi Interview Questions

2.9

Production Artist Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Dotomi.

I was emailed by a recruiter to connect because my experience lined up with what they needed- this was the easiest part of the process. My emails were missed, my phone interview appointments forgotten with no explanation or apology, and no follow up call or email as I was promised. I spent almost two months attempting to interview for this job to no avail; I got a general rejection email weeks after a phone call to move forward in the application process was promised.

Interview Questions
    • The initial phone interview was very simple, just discussing the job, my experience, etc. Nothing difficult to answer at all.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dotomi in December 2013.

Interview Questions
    • Definitely the verbally explaining how I would find the largest sum of 3 integers in a row in an array. I'm more of a visual worker so if I can at least write code down it will go much faster.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dotomi in December 2013.

First interview in Nov 2013 consisted of talking to a software engineer on my campus asking mostly work related questions made up by HR such as
    - What was the most difficult thing you've done recently and what was your course of action?
    - Tell me about a time you had multiple projects due and how you organized working on them

Got emailed with an initial 2nd interview offer, I accepted, a recruiter called a few days later asking me which day I preferred my interview on, very nice person. Went to the interview, they have casual dress but all candidates wore a suit. There were suppose to be 6 candidates but 1 didn't show. We were gathered in a conference room and did a little ice breaker in the beginning 5 candidates and 2 employees. Then the main interview started which consisted of 3 interviews with Sr. Software developers in a row, 30 mins each.
    All 3 interviews had a sheet of questions they had to ask but phrased them in different ways, basically the same questions along with a few technical questions such as.

First sub-interview
    -Whats the difference between pass by reference and pass by value?
    -If you had an array of integers how could you find the largest sum of 3 integers in a row?
    -(After explained verbally how it would work)How efficient is this?Improve on its design
    Second sub-interview
    -Code a method that takes in a string and determines if it contains an integer.
    -Can you add to a string?
    -How can you add to a string?
    -Code a method that takes in a string and returns true if the string contains anything
    --Make it check if the string is null
    Third Interview
    -Mostly asked about school work

In all great experience, learned a lot, met very smart people who explained a few things I couldn't quite get a handle on. I felt I could have done better with the first interviewer but if you don't understand a tech question they explain it, try to work you through it by providing hints, and don't put you on the spot. According to recruiter will hear back in 1 week.

Interview Questions
    • Definitely the verbally explaining how I would find the largest sum of 3 integers in a row in an array. I'm more of a visual worker so if I can at least write code down it will go much faster.   View Answer
    Accepted initial, generous, offer.

Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL
    Anonymous Employee in DeKalb, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dotomi in November 2013.

This was just a screening interview. Held at NIU. This was through NIU huskies get hired. They were looking for students who can be trained on certain software for about an year and then put them to work.

Interview Questions
    • Since this was just a screening interview, the questions were majority of HR kind. team work, leadership skills ? explain ur projects? what did u learn from them ? will you work in a team..   Answer Question

Manager of BI Interview

The recruiter was extremely helpful, professional and friendly throughout the entire process. She made sure I was completely clear on what to expect, who I would be talking to, and when things would happen. The interview itself was of average difficulty, it was a mix of technical and management staff who all were quite smart and interesting to talk with. The focus was as much on how I viewed things as what I knew.

Interview Questions
    • The requirements of the job were somewhat different from what I understood so that was a surprise, but there were no real stumpers of questions.   Answer Question

Client Integration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dotomi in October 2013.

- Preliminary phone interview with recruiter.
    - Phone interview with team manager.
    - On site 1:1 Interviews (3 total- Video Conference, Skype, and In person) followed by Logic Test
    All of the interviews were pretty standard- questions were mainly behavioral focusing on my background, education, past experiences, with a few questions about my knowledge in web technologies (HTML, CSS, JavaScript, SQL). Everyone I talked to throughout the interviewing process was so nice, and they all seemed very passionate about their jobs and about the company's future. They were really great about providing updates and getting back to me quickly.

BI Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dotomi in September 2013.

I interviewed with several people who report to the Data Warehousing Director for a BI Manager position. I sat in a room and each person came in individually. One of the interviewers explained he was an expert in PostgreSQL and taught his staff how to write high performance SQL. HE asked me a few basic SQL questions which he said I did okay on. He asked me the specific syntax of a PostgreSQL trick to deal with nulls. I didn't know the exact syntax. I was told by the recruiter later that I did not get the job and that I was not 'technical'. I found that extremely insulting and absolutely wrong to say this in my field. It's like telling a doctor she isn't medical based on a few questions by a biased colleague. Fine, don't offer a job but don't insult the people you interview.

Interview Questions
    • One of the interviewers asked me some specific questions about PostGreSQL syntax to deal with nulls.   Answer Question

IT Apprentice Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dotomi in March 2013.

There were two face to face interviews. One was held at my school. This interview was about 30 minutes, the interviewer asked the basic interview question about my background. I was asked back for the next round of interviews. This interview was held at the headquarters. The whole process was about 3 hours interviewing with three different people 30 minutes each. In the beginning there was a short speaker and ice breaker with current employees. The questions were very typical of other interviews with the exception of one interviewer. Who began grilling me about my resume and asking me technical questions that I did not know the answer to immediately. If I did not answer his question to his liking he would make me feel stupid and incredibly nervous. I could tell he was doing this because he enjoyed watching people squirm. I asked another candidate if that he had the same experience and he confirmed my suspicion.

Interview Questions
    • I give you two containers, one can hold 5 gallons and the other holds 3. you have an unlimited water supply and you can transfer the water from each container without spilling one drop. I need 4 gallons, how do you go about getting me the 4 gallons I need?   View Answer

Undisclosed Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I had no issues with the interview/hiring process except the skills test was quite time consuming. I was required to meet with multiple people. I did appreciate that they just made a day of it and had each interview scheduled back-to-back taking approximately 30 minutes per person. Everyone seemed genuinely nice and I felt very comfortable. They definitely expressed how tough Q4 was expected to be and it could likely be a deterrent for some.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a brain-teaser that I never figured out at the interview but it stuck with me and I made sure to have the answer when I was hired.   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate and they were very reasonable and fair.

IT Interview

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Dotomi in December 2012.

Had multiple interview process. 2 phone interview process, first HR and then hiring manager. Had came in to the office for 3 separate face to face interviews that totaled 5 hours with different people. Had both technical and non-technical questions. After the long 2 months of interview process, there was no offer but worst, they made up about a particular technical question that was asked never asked by a particular interviewer and they also made up an answer for it. They should be ethical at all times during the interview and should have just email and say that 'we are considering other candidates', if they didn't like the candidate. No one was to be called out on something they never said.