Dots Interview Questions

Updated Apr 7, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dots (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

None. They needed someone to work and I was available. When I applied they asked me if I had worked in retail before and I said yes. That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Are you still available to work?   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dots.

Interview

A phone and a 1 on 1 interview. Got called back a couple weeks later with an offer. They initially called to talk briefly post interview then stung me along with no update for at least a couple weeks. Eventually the extended the offer and it became clear there were extenuating circumstances causing the delay. They could have been more open.

District Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dots.

Interview

I was contacted by a contract recruiter. Following an initial phone screening, I was invited to interview with the Regional Manager. This interview was conducted in person, and included an in-store experience. The in-store experience is often a separate step, but circumstances aligned so that I was able to complete both steps at once. Contact and follow up was via the recruiter, who kept me informed every step of the way. I was then invited to interview at the corporate office in Ohio. I was flown in, met by a car service, and escorted to the headquarters. I interviewed with a representative from HR, the Director of LP, and the Director of Stores. I was then taken by car service back to the airport. The entire process was very professional and handled very well, with consistent communication throughout.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were entirely behavior-based-- I was expected to be very specific, and share specific experiences, examples, and names. No fluffy or generic answers would suffice; they were looking for what I had said and done, and to whom, and when, and the outcome-- not "I would do this. . ."   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had some followup questions and some reservations, and they were very understanding of my desire to do some additional research and to reach out to existing peers in order to make a better decision.

Planning Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dots.

Interview

the process was somewhat non traditional which I actually appreciated. The interviews were handled quite efficiently in that all of them were scheduled on the same day, so I was able to knock all of them out in one sitting more or less. I also appreciated that they were less of a traditional interview and more like a conversation about my background.

Interview Questions

• all questions were standard and really we chatted about my background.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dots in January 2014.

Interview

The position came open and another co-worker and myself both applied for the position. WE had to intervieew with our store manager and she had us complete an outfit for as if she was going for Girls Night Out with her friends. That process was fine. She then asked us a series of questions and informed us of the different aspectts of the position and explained how thte interview should go (if we were to get one) with our DM.The position was originallly full-time which I could not work due to my school schedule, so that left the other co-worker eligable. Eventually she got the interview, but the job was cut to a part-time position and the DM would not come back to interview others who applied and would have and could have qualified now that the position was at part-time.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel you could bring to the team if you are promoted?   Answer Question

The position was originally full-time so I could not work.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dots (West Palm Beach, FL) in July 2013.

Interview

I happened to be shopping in the store when I asked if dots was hiring. The store manager immediately said yes and then asked me if i had and retail sales experience I said yes and she handed me a paper application right away. I filled out the app right in front of her it took me about 10 minutes. She took out her scheduling book and scheduled me an interview the following friday. When I got there I wore something fashion forward (a red high-waist pencil skirt with a vertical black and white striped blouse tucked in and black velvet wedged pumps). I didn't know it would be a group interview but it was. After the interview we were asked to sign a background check. I asked if there would be a drug test and the interviewer said no. A week and a half later on a sunday I got a call and the store manager offered me the job. I was asked to come in the following tuesday to do paper work and to provide my ss card and ID.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer gave an occasion for which we were to go out on the sales floor and create an outfit. Her occasion: A date night at the movies with her fiance where she wanted to look really nice.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got what I asked for

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dots (Milwaukee, WI) in May 2013.

Interview

The interview was supposed to be a group interview comprised of three or four people, but two of them never showed up. The store manager asked a few questions in what way our work history would help us achieve our goals as a company. After a few more regular questions. SHe then began to tell us our roles in Dots and what would be our dat to day goals. She blunt when saying the harder you work the more hours you'll get! When she was done giving us a run down, she gave us a skit where she was a customer and she needed to find a outfit in the next five minutes to go out in. She wanted shoes, accessories, everything. After that part of the interview she tol me and the girl that we would be contacted by another store manager for more details.

Interview Questions

• Why did I want to work for a retail store?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Will they are closing down which so unfortaunate because they are one of the best clothing stores out there. I hope one day someone could bring them back to there prime. My advice dont get too comfortable!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dots.

Interview

Turned in app in store, l got a call back less than a week later, and went in for interview. It was a group interview with 2 other people and store manager was interviewing us. Very easy expected questions, why do you want to work here, your strength and weaknesses, so forth. Then the manager took us out to the sales floor and asked us to put together an outfit for a specific event and show them to her.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

After the interview i got a call about a week later after my background check cleared offering me the job. All associates start at minimum wage so there's not much room for negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dots (Columbia, SC).

Interview

It took about 3 weeks and I interviewed with two different DM's and the RM. Very positive interview process. Very detailed interviews, the one with the RM lasted 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• describe a negative experience you have had with a previous employer   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very fair offer, no negotiation needed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dots (Alexandria, VA) in July 2012.

Interview

Had four interviews one phone with DM and three in person with DM, store and assistant manager. It took them four months to eventually hire me and get me in the system.

Interview Questions

• They asked questions about your fashion and how you stay updated with the fashion world.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No they were set with an amount.