Dots

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dots in May 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was supposed to be a group interview comprised of three or four people, but two of them never showed up. The store manager asked a few questions in what way our work history would help us achieve our goals as a company. After a few more regular questions. SHe then began to tell us our roles in Dots and what would be our dat to day goals. She blunt when saying the harder you work the more hours you'll get! When she was done giving us a run down, she gave us a skit where she was a customer and she needed to find a outfit in the next five minutes to go out in. She wanted shoes, accessories, everything. After that part of the interview she tol me and the girl that we would be contacted by another store manager for more details.

Interview Question – Why did I want to work for a retail store?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Will they are closing down which so unfortaunate because they are one of the best clothing stores out there. I hope one day someone could bring them back to there prime. My advice dont get too comfortable!

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Dots in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a very intense and detailed interview process.. From a meet and greet to last meeting the Regional for an interview. Very nice experience. I also met other Districts Managers that day.

Interview Question – Describe a time you gave A customer experience that was exceptional.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dots.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a contract recruiter. Following an initial phone screening, I was invited to interview with the Regional Manager. This interview was conducted in person, and included an in-store experience. The in-store experience is often a separate step, but circumstances aligned so that I was able to complete both steps at once. Contact and follow up was via the recruiter, who kept me informed every step of the way. I was then invited to interview at the corporate office in Ohio. I was flown in, met by a car service, and escorted to the headquarters. I interviewed with a representative from HR, the Director of LP, and the Director of Stores. I was then taken by car service back to the airport. The entire process was very professional and handled very well, with consistent communication throughout.

Interview Question – The interviews were entirely behavior-based-- I was expected to be very specific, and share specific experiences, examples, and names. No fluffy or generic answers would suffice; they were looking for what I had said and done, and to whom, and when, and the outcome-- not "I would do this. . ."   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had some followup questions and some reservations, and they were very understanding of my desire to do some additional research and to reach out to existing peers in order to make a better decision.

Field Interview

Field
Glenwillow, OH

I applied through other source - interviewed at Dots in March 2010.

Interview Details – Very detailed, had 3 interviews and a lot went into on-boarding, training and development

Negotiation Details – Yes could negotiate

Alexandria, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Dots in July 2012.

Interview Details – Had four interviews one phone with DM and three in person with DM, store and assistant manager. It took them four months to eventually hire me and get me in the system.

Interview Question – They asked questions about your fashion and how you stay updated with the fashion world.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No they were set with an amount.

Planning Interview

Planning

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dots.

Interview Details – the process was somewhat non traditional which I actually appreciated. The interviews were handled quite efficiently in that all of them were scheduled on the same day, so I was able to knock all of them out in one sitting more or less. I also appreciated that they were less of a traditional interview and more like a conversation about my background.

Interview Question – all questions were standard and really we chatted about my background.   Answer Question

Interview for Assistant Manager Interview

Interview for Assistant Manager

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Dots in January 2014.

Interview Details – The position came open and another co-worker and myself both applied for the position. WE had to intervieew with our store manager and she had us complete an outfit for as if she was going for Girls Night Out with her friends. That process was fine. She then asked us a series of questions and informed us of the different aspectts of the position and explained how thte interview should go (if we were to get one) with our DM.The position was originallly full-time which I could not work due to my school schedule, so that left the other co-worker eligable. Eventually she got the interview, but the job was cut to a part-time position and the DM would not come back to interview others who applied and would have and could have qualified now that the position was at part-time.

Interview Question – What do you feel you could bring to the team if you are promoted?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The position was originally full-time so I could not work.

Saint Louis, MO

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dots in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied in the store with the store manager. I recieved a phone call two days later to come in for a one on one interview. I went in for that interview and then was invited to a group interview (this is the last step in the interview process) the group interview was with the DM. After passing that interview I was offered a position.

Interview Question – The DM will give you a scenario and you are to pick an outfit out for the scenario. She will judge you based on your choices.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dots in July 2011.

Interview Details – meet with DM, phone interview with another DM, phone interview with RM

Negotiation Details – none

Staten Island, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dots in April 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was with Assistant Store Manager. She was friendly, informative, and casual. I was told the sales associate position was only part-time with a limited number of hours but I was happy to hear that it would pick up as the holidays rolled around.

Interview Question – I was told that the clientele was on the "ghetto" side and then asked, how would I deal with a difficulty customer? It was difficult to answer since I had never experienced "ghetto" customers.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dots

Worked for Dots? Contribute to the Community!