Doubletree By Hilton

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.6

Front Desk Agent Interview

Saw a job opening online and applied. I was contacted two days later to schedule a in-person interview.
    Arrived about 15 minutes before my scheduled interview. I had to wait a little longer until the manager was finally available to see me.
    The questions were easy--most were the standard interview questions. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. I think it went well overall and the manager was very friendly throughout the interview.

*I will be notified next week if I get the job or not.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Doubletree By Hilton.

When i first arrived they Had me waiting for 30 min. Interviewer finally came and the interview was very short and sweet. She asked me a couple of question about previous experience and so forth.

Valet Interview

Asked questions about customer service experience, school schedule, personality questions. Very informal and didn't last too long. Basically seeing if you are compatible with working in a service industry with many customer interactions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle a large amount of tasks?   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

Directly Hired

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult, just the normal behavior questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lancaster, PA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Doubletree By Hilton in September 2013.

I applied online, received an e-mail a week later to set up an interview. My interview was more of a conversation. I raved about Hilton and told them my goals. Interview lasted 40 minutes. They liked that I researched the company and came prepared.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be a good fit for this position?   View Answer
    I was the first to interview with them and they three more days of interviews to go through. I received a call on their last day of interviews, letting me know that I was their number one choice. I didn't negotiate, I was just so thrilled that they wanted me!

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton.

It was quite difficult to get in contact with HR.

Front Desk Agent Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Doubletree By Hilton in August 2013.

Turned in an application, called couple hours later to set up interview. Came to the interview a few minutes early but the previous interview lasted a little longer than expected. When it was my turn, I sat with two managers and asked me to go over my resume. They liked that I WAS AN ACTIVE VOLUNTEER!! after talking for about 30 minutes, the two managers left and brought back a third manager who asked me a few more questions and said if the background check is clear than i got the job. They told me that they weren't going to hire on the spot but i guess impressed them which was rewarding for me. They then gave me some details about training. All of the managers were extremely friendly and treated me like an addition to an elite team rather than a new employee.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me to go over my resume in detail.
      How did you handle a difficult person before?
      I cant remember the other question but they weren't too difficult.

Answer Question

Bellman Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Doubletree By Hilton.

1 interview behavioral

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westborough, MA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Doubletree By Hilton.

I applied online. got a call a few hrs later for an interview. I had two interviews and at the second one I was brought down to human resources and offered the position. I accepted. the rest is history.

Banquet Setup Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Doubletree By Hilton in March 2013.

I applied online and about a week later I received a phone call from an HR rep. She asked me about my schedule and a little bit about the job and scheduled an in person interview. The first interview was with another HR rep who asked me basic interview question (about 6 total). After the first interview she scheduled another interview with the manger of Banquet’s the following week. The second interview was like no other interview I have ever experienced. The manager was super nice, he offered me a bottle of water before and then the questions came. I can’t even remember how many question (about 15, some behavioral and some about my experience) He explained the job very well to me and what they expect from me and what I can expect. I have never worked as a banquet setup and he explained how basically I’ll have no social life. I would work from 6pm to around 4-5 in the morning 5-6 days a week and the pay was around $8.50 an hour. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. After the interview was over he scheduled a 3rd not interview but lunch. He said “yes I can hire you but since you’ll be working primarily at nights I want your night supervisor to meet you since he will be working with you most the time. But it’s not an interview I’m going to set the two of you up in one of our restaurants and just talk?” With all the questions and now a lunch, I felt like I was applying for a big time job not an $8.50 Banquet Setup job. I accepted the lunch but later that day I called and told them I was no longer interested in the position. But this was by far the best interview I have had the manager was AWESOME in explaining every little detail of the job and super nice.

Interview Questions

I just couldn’t see giving up my social life for that low of a paying job.