Dougherty & Associates

Dougherty & Associates Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2014
Updated Jun 1, 2014

Consultant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dougherty & Associates in February 2013.

Long and arduous. I went to three separate interviews and met a lot of staff. It was good to meet so many people, but when you are looking for work while already employed, investing this much time is a problem.

Interview Questions

After meeting the leaders, I felt they spent more time talking about being great than actually being great.

Strategic Communications Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dougherty & Associates in October 2011.

I did a phone interview with a recruiter. She was very professional and extremely thorough. She explained step by step what I should expect from the interview process. She said I'd be interviewed by two panels that would be made up of three people: a supervisor, an HR person and a peer. She explained I'd need to submit writing samples and I'd be required to take a writing test. She talked about long hours with no overtime or comp time, but assured me employees were compensated in other ways. I knew by the end of the call, I wasn’t what they were looking for. I probably could’ve winged it, but I appreciated how much thought and time was being put into finding the right candidate and I knew it wasn’t me. Because this recruiter was so thorough, I saved myself and her company a lot of time and energy.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was a screening interview, so no real questions asked of me. Recruiter just explained interview process.   Answer Question

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dougherty & Associates in July 2011.

3 interviews- phone interview first by HR recruiter followed by panel interview and last interview one-on-one with practice lead. High-energy environment; professional staff, transparent communications were the top three things I recalled from my interview process. Since I've been employed here since then it's hard to detail my "pre-employed" thoughts.

Interview Questions
    • No unexpected questions. All questions are difficult when you're in an interview, but I know my field well so it wasn't difficult to answer with confidence.   Answer Question
    Outstanding negotiation process- superior, professional HR recruiter was my best advocate.

Communications Manager Interview

They do behaviorial based interviews. There are a series of panels with 2-3 persons each. The panels usually include a peer from the department you would work in and a manager from a different department onthe 1st round. The second round is with whoever would be your actual manager.

Interview Questions
    • None. All questions were appropriate, expected and above board. No trick philisophical or anylitical questions like how many ridges on the side of a quater.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dougherty & Associates in February 2010.

First, they asked basic questions and then the panel got more in-depth. Then they sent me a ridiculous timed exercise to do at home, which was so insulting to do as it was akin to Power Point 101. I did not like the people I talked to at all and when I asked about NOT having to work weekends, I could tell they were lying to me. This was the second time I had talked to them and I remembered not liking the vibes from the person I met at a job fair.