Dougherty & Associates

5 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dougherty & Associates in February 2013.

Interview Details – Long and arduous. I went to three separate interviews and met a lot of staff. It was good to meet so many people, but when you are looking for work while already employed, investing this much time is a problem.

Interview Question – Tell me how you order your workday?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – After meeting the leaders, I felt they spent more time talking about being great than actually being great.

Senior Instructional Designer Interview

Senior Instructional Designer
Alexandria, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dougherty & Associates in July 2011.

Interview Details – 3 interviews- phone interview first by HR recruiter followed by panel interview and last interview one-on-one with practice lead. High-energy environment; professional staff, transparent communications were the top three things I recalled from my interview process. Since I've been employed here since then it's hard to detail my "pre-employed" thoughts.

Interview Question – No unexpected questions. All questions are difficult when you're in an interview, but I know my field well so it wasn't difficult to answer with confidence.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Outstanding negotiation process- superior, professional HR recruiter was my best advocate.

Strategic Communications Writer Interview

Strategic Communications Writer
Washington, DC

The process took a day - interviewed at Dougherty & Associates in October 2011.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview with a recruiter. She was very professional and extremely thorough. She explained step by step what I should expect from the interview process. She said I'd be interviewed by two panels that would be made up of three people: a supervisor, an HR person and a peer. She explained I'd need to submit writing samples and I'd be required to take a writing test. She talked about long hours with no overtime or comp time, but assured me employees were compensated in other ways. I knew by the end of the call, I wasn’t what they were looking for. I probably could’ve winged it, but I appreciated how much thought and time was being put into finding the right candidate and I knew it wasn’t me. Because this recruiter was so thorough, I saved myself and her company a lot of time and energy.

Interview Question – The interview was a screening interview, so no real questions asked of me. Recruiter just explained interview process.   Answer Question

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager

Interviewed at Dougherty & Associates

Interview Details – They do behaviorial based interviews. There are a series of panels with 2-3 persons each. The panels usually include a peer from the department you would work in and a manager from a different department onthe 1st round. The second round is with whoever would be your actual manager.

Interview Question – None. All questions were appropriate, expected and above board. No trick philisophical or anylitical questions like how many ridges on the side of a quater.   Answer Question

Training Manager Interview

Training Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dougherty & Associates in February 2010.

Interview Details – First, they asked basic questions and then the panel got more in-depth. Then they sent me a ridiculous timed exercise to do at home, which was so insulting to do as it was akin to Power Point 101. I did not like the people I talked to at all and when I asked about NOT having to work weekends, I could tell they were lying to me. This was the second time I had talked to them and I remembered not liking the vibes from the person I met at a job fair.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dougherty & Associates? Contribute to the Community!