Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Douglas County School District (CO)
- Math Teacher (1)
- School Bus Driver (1)
- Education Assistant (1)
- Chief Operating Officer (1)
- Theatre Teacher/Director (1)
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Castle Rock, CO) in February 2014.
Process began with a telephone interview followed by an on-site interview. The on-site interview involved four candidates narrowed from the telephone interview. The on-site interview consisted of six panels...Mock School Board presentation; mock press interview; financial panel headed by the CFO; School Principals panel; Operations Chiefs panel; and District Superintendent one-on-one interview.
- Have you ever bent the rules and are you willing to bend the rules? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied in-person. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO).
DCSD allows only 30 minutes for an interview. This is not nearly enough time to evaluate either the candidate or the employer. Often, six or more employees ask pre-chosen questions. Seldom does the candidate get the time to delve further into the question.
- "I will give you a scenario. You tell us how you would handle it." The interviewers want you to answer a question about a student/students in a vacuum! Just ridiculous. Answer Question
In education, there is no negotiation. Take it or leave it.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Parker, CO) in July 2012.
face to face interview. basic "why do you want to work here" questions. they will call you back withen 24 hrs. very very strict background and driving check. if you are hired you will start training withen 3 weeks. right before training you are drug tested and have to pass 2x physical examinations. training is 4 weeks long. 35 hr a week.
- Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) (Highlands Ranch, CO) in April 2011.
This was very easy to prepare for and was just like any other teacher interview. Questions were the same as every other teacher interview (why do you want to teach? what are you career plans? etc).
- Once again, nothing here was unexpected. Very typical. While it wasn't "difficult," I suppose the one that required some knowledge was "How do your values align with the mission of this school?" So, just as you should anyway, read up on the school's mission. Answer Question
There was absolutely zero negotiation.
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas County School District (CO) in June 2009.
Talked about past experience and the rough outline of what the job entailed.
No. The hourly was not negotiated because central administration based the hourly rate on number of years of experience. The interviewer did not have any say-so in the rate.
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review