Douglas Dynamics

Candidate Interview Review

Product Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Madison Heights, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Douglas Dynamics in April 2014.

Very informal questions. There were several people present at the on-site interview which seems silly since it ends up being 4 on 1 instead of several 1-on-1 discussions with a collaboration at the end. After the on-site I immediately was asked to have a phone interview with someone at corporate (engineering director). Very similar loose/informal questions, mostly personality related. They seem focused on finding a good fit for the culture (they did mention it) though I'm unsure if they know how to approach that ideal properly.

Overall, it seemed to go well and after asking about "next steps," I was told that I would be given further steps or at least some feedback, though I never heard back from anyone after thank-you emails and following up; I question their integrity and process since they made it very clear that they would follow up though never did. Pretty unprofessional and a waste of my time.

Interview Questions
    • Recall a time when your supervisor asked you to complete an assignment in a way that you knew was not correct: how did you deal with this situation?   View Answer