Douglas Emmett Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.6

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Douglas Emmett.

Interview

The entire interview process was smooth. Each person who I came across, and especially the receptionist, received me warmly. Once I met the recruiter, she asked a few questions about myself and my experience. She then had me complete a skills test, which was brief but challenging. The process was standard with no kinks, the staff made it seamless and I appreciate it.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Douglas Emmett (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Great and thoroughly done. The staff did an excellent job to make sure that I was well prepared with all the information needed. The job and duties were explained and communicated.

Interview Questions

• Are you looking for a company that you can excel and grow in   Answer Question

Application

Interview

The process was smooth and very thoroughly done. Everyone was welcoming and there was never an issue with HR not receiving any information that was requested from me. The staff was very friendly.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward a major component is customer service and great communication skills. I interviewed with the recruiter which was basically to test my communication skills and ability to respond efficiently; I also met with the human resource manager who discussed some company information ( None of these actually felt like an interview). I then was called back to interview with the director whom interviewed me, I honestly felt like it was going horribly because you can't read her vibes. Then to my surprise she asked me if I had time to meet the Property manager that same day and I also interviewed with her. My interview with the property manager went awesome and we connected very well, I left feeling very good about the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I don't even think my counter-offer was looked at by the right people, during the interview process I was encouraged not to counter-offer but I did and it was declined very fast.

Leasing Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call back the next day! I was able schedule an appointment for an interview the same week. When I arrived at the corporate office, I was greeted by a very welcoming receptionist. The rest of the interview process went very smooth. I could not have asked for a better interview experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about my sales background in detail. They also asked me what I would do in certain scenarios.   Answer Question

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty well organized and thorough. The recruiter was very professional and described both the job and company very well. She did not over-promise or exagerate any information. She communicated with me throughout the process as to the progress and that was very much appreciated. Since she was my first impression of Douglas Emmett, she did a great job a presenting a positive image.

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Process was smooth and easy. Interviewer was able to answer all my questions. I met with several upper management staff during my second interview and that went just as smooth as the first. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• They inquired about my knowledge of real estate and property management laws   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Everyone was very nice. I was tested on computer skills, spelling, and writing

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

I got another offer at a higher salary with better benefits.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

Formal interviews with Property Manager and HR Director, initial then final.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Douglas Emmett?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pay range is set and new employees start at the bottom of the pay range, however promotions after a couple of years of excellent service was likely due to new property acquisitions and corporate expansion.

Project Manager & Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied to a Monster job ad and I got a phone call from a HR rep the same day and scheduled an interview for that Thursday of the week. At the interview, I first met with the HR rep and he showed me to the conference room and gave me some advice about the interview. Then the Director of Design & Construction met with me and she conducted the interview. She asked me some questions about interior design and explained the position in more detail. After the interview concluded, she wanted me to meet with the COO the same day, but unfortunately he was not available to meet at that given time. I rescheduled to meet with him the following day.

The second interview were both with the COO and the Director of Design & Construction. The COO asked me if I understood what the position entails and about my compensation. T

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got offered the job the same day as my last interview. Unfortunately, I did not try to negotiate and the offer was much lower than I had hoped.