Douglas Emmett Interview Questions

Updated May 25, 2015

2.8

Commercial Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

I received a call a week after submitting my resume. I interviewed with the recruiter, director of property management. portfolio manager the same day. They made it so easy so I wouldn't have to return the next day. Every employee that I met was nice. The receptionist was extremely nice, and very pleasant to talk to. It looks like everyone enjoys working for DE. The culture is completely different from other REIT (Property Management companies)

Commercial Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA).

Interview

My overall experience with Douglas Emmett has been very positive.The interview and hiring process was seamless. I give many thanks and kudos to the entire DE Human Resources team; they were very professional and courteous and helped every step of the way to the path of new employment with the company!

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

My interview process was expedited and very quick. I went in for my first interview on a Tuesday, met with the recruiter and then the Marketing Director. Then I came in for a second interview on Wednesday and met with the Chief Information Officer, and was offered the position at the end of that interview and started work the following Monday. This expedited process was a bit stressful in the moment, but ended up working really well for me.

Interview Questions

• I was asked a lot of questions, the standard, what are your strengths and weaknesses, and more technical stuff pertaining to the artistic nature of the job. I was given a marketing flyer and asked what steps I would use to create this flyer -- which I found very refreshing. It was nice to be able to interview with someone who could speak the artistic and technical language that I am accustomed to.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett.

Interview

The entire interview process was smooth. Each person who I came across, and especially the receptionist, received me warmly. Once I met the recruiter, she asked a few questions about myself and my experience. She then had me complete a skills test, which was brief but challenging. The process was standard with no kinks, the staff made it seamless and I appreciate it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward a major component is customer service and great communication skills. I interviewed with the recruiter which was basically to test my communication skills and ability to respond efficiently; I also met with the human resource manager who discussed some company information ( None of these actually felt like an interview). I then was called back to interview with the director whom interviewed me, I honestly felt like it was going horribly because you can't read her vibes. Then to my surprise she asked me if I had time to meet the Property manager that same day and I also interviewed with her. My interview with the property manager went awesome and we connected very well, I left feeling very good about the interviews.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I don't even think my counter-offer was looked at by the right people, during the interview process I was encouraged not to counter-offer but I did and it was declined very fast.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

The process was smooth and very thoroughly done. Everyone was welcoming and there was never an issue with HR not receiving any information that was requested from me. The staff was very friendly.

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call back the next day! I was able schedule an appointment for an interview the same week. When I arrived at the corporate office, I was greeted by a very welcoming receptionist. The rest of the interview process went very smooth. I could not have asked for a better interview experience.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to tell them about my sales background in detail. They also asked me what I would do in certain scenarios.   Answer Question

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty well organized and thorough. The recruiter was very professional and described both the job and company very well. She did not over-promise or exagerate any information. She communicated with me throughout the process as to the progress and that was very much appreciated. Since she was my first impression of Douglas Emmett, she did a great job a presenting a positive image.

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Process was smooth and easy. Interviewer was able to answer all my questions. I met with several upper management staff during my second interview and that went just as smooth as the first. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• They inquired about my knowledge of real estate and property management laws   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Santa Monica, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Douglas Emmett (Santa Monica, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

Everyone was very nice. I was tested on computer skills, spelling, and writing

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

I got another offer at a higher salary with better benefits.