Douglas Emmett

Douglas Emmett Interview Questions

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Douglas Emmett in December 2013.

Everyone was very nice. I was tested on computer skills, spelling, and writing

Interview Questions

I got another offer at a higher salary with better benefits.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Douglas Emmett.

Formal interviews with Property Manager and HR Director, initial then final.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Douglas Emmett?   View Answer
    Pay range is set and new employees start at the bottom of the pay range, however promotions after a couple of years of excellent service was likely due to new property acquisitions and corporate expansion.

Project Manager & Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Douglas Emmett in January 2012.

Applied to a Monster job ad and I got a phone call from a HR rep the same day and scheduled an interview for that Thursday of the week. At the interview, I first met with the HR rep and he showed me to the conference room and gave me some advice about the interview. Then the Director of Design & Construction met with me and she conducted the interview. She asked me some questions about interior design and explained the position in more detail. After the interview concluded, she wanted me to meet with the COO the same day, but unfortunately he was not available to meet at that given time. I rescheduled to meet with him the following day.

The second interview were both with the COO and the Director of Design & Construction. The COO asked me if I understood what the position entails and about my compensation. T

Interview Questions
    I got offered the job the same day as my last interview. Unfortunately, I did not try to negotiate and the offer was much lower than I had hoped.

Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Douglas Emmett in November 2009.

Employer took weeks to arrange an interview. Showed up early and even though the HR admin was available he made me wait 45 minutes past our scheduled time. I was on the verge of walking out but unfortunately I did not. After thirty minutes with the admin he passed me on to the department head... who was 30 minutes late even though he was onsite and available. Once again I almost left and regret not doing so. He put me through 45 minutes more. When this was complete I received an offer letter and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • None. Both interviewers appeared untrained, like they'd read their questions from a pamphlet.   Answer Question
    I negotiated with the department head and was given an offer letter with my desired salary. After I'd put in my two weeks notice at my prior employer the department head called back to tell me the COO had personally intervened and reduced the offered salary by five thousand dollars, even though he knew I'd already accepted. At that point I was forced to suck it up as I had already terminated employment with my prior company. Terrible, unethical behavior from an established company, and a preview of what the next two years would be like.

Staff Accountant Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Douglas Emmett in October 2009.

Met with 5 different managers one after another in an exhausing 2.5 hour process. Was asked basic interview questions, nothing surprising. After passing each manager I would be invited to meet with the next one up. Each manager would ask me the exact same questions so the interview became much easier with each person I met. One of the questions was "name a weakness of yours" followed by "name a strength." they talked a lot about the company and what they do, including benefits and such. Looking back on it it seems they were trying to distract from the fact that they don't want to pay a decent salary even though they stressed they wanted someone to stay at least two years.

Interview Questions

Even though I discussed my salary expectations, and was given an agreement by the managers the hr rep still offered me a very low salary. Especially compared to what other companies are paying accountants in LA Douglas Emmett was just trying to get a good deal