Dovenmuehle Mortgage Interview Questions

Updated Oct 19, 2014
Updated Oct 19, 2014

1.8

Bankruptcy Specialist Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage.

It really all depends on the interviewer. Mine was easy, and direct to point. Drive time, knowledge of position and company. what are your strengths and weaknesses. You just describe yourself and what you can bring to the company you will be fine. It really wasn't hard and the interviewer knows you are coming in from the outside and you wont know how it runs in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Anything specific on the job as you wont know how it works within the company.   Answer Question
    no, there offer was pretty much set in stone

Client Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage.

Applied through job fair with listed referral of current employee. Job fair section was very packed. Basic paperwork was filled out.

Proceeds to a 1:1 interview with HR person, where they see if you're a fit for the position or if another one suits you better. In my experience, HR didn't know what positions were open and could not explain several of the positions, and even recommended me for a position that did not have an opening.

Next step is a 1:1 interview with a department rep who looks over your resume and asks generic questions. This step weeded out candidates before meeting with the functional supervisor of the position.

Once again, very generic questions with no challenges. In hindsight, most of the information given to me was false. Lots of skills are required for the position, none are necessary. If you are able to learn repetitive tasks, you'll succeed.

After the interview, you are told you'll hear back in a week. I heard back after three weeks with conflicting calls for having been accepted and rejected for the position. Although I gave a start date, HR apparently decided I could start immediately. I received a call from the employee who referred me asking why I didn't "show up to work for my first day," even though I had not received an acceptance notice by then.

Interview Questions
    • None - very generic questions that you would find in a beginner's guide to interviews, such as "what are you weaknesses?" and "why would you be good for the job?"   Answer Question
    Chose not to negotiate

Client Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage.

Must be able to work mandatory overtime when supervisor requires it.

No negotiations.

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Aurora, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in February 2014.

Standard Interview. Felt overdressed as interviewers were in casual attire. Never received reply back from company after interview even after calling.

Interview Questions
    • What actions would you take if to representatives were not getting along with each other??   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage.

The recruiter was very nice. She contacted me and told me about the position, yet i did not have an idea of what the position is until and after I was finished with the interview. There was no position requirements provided to me, i was told as long as you are good at excel you are good to go. Anyways I interviewed by two managers ( i think one was an assistant) and was told that I would be notified within two weeks. Today it has been 3 months and I have not heard back from them. gave many calls to the recruiter and she kept on telling me that she has not heard back from them, or they have not made a decision. I have given up and will never ever work there even if they offer me now. I was told by the manager that they need someone as soon as next week to join the team, and its been three months. seriously they are so slow no wonder their business is going down the drain. I would not recommend this old age home to any one....

Interview Questions
    • nothing was difficult...they had the general questions   Answer Question

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in August 2013.

The interview was conducted in two separate parts, first with one of the HR Administrators, and then with the supervisor/manager of the department for which they were hiring. The HR person asked a few questions but mostly it was skills related testing, and some paperwork. The interviewer mostly described how things work at Dovenmuehle, which sounded to me a lot like an assembly line. Each person has his/her specific duties and then the loan servicing or process moves on to the next person. He was very pleasant and I do not have anything negative to say.

The salary was not as high as I had desired, and my current employer was willing to match what Dovenmuehle offered for me to stay. I did not like the thought of being a small fish in a big pond due to DMI's large size. I felt that I would have fewer chances to be recognized for my achievements and it would be difficult to advance my career. Again, nothing negative against the company just not my personal preference.

Private Label Analyst Interview

Had interview with HR and recommend this position and asked how proficient I am in Excel, which I honestly stated I don't used this in my previous job, per HR its oky and she will make a note of it and scheduled me for a manager interview.

Foreclosure Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage.

Easy Interview nothing complicated.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what you know about our firm. (I never heard of it and info was hard to find)   Answer Question

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in March 2013.

The hiring process involved one interview and a math test. You first meet with an HR employee who gives an overview of the company and then you are given a basic math test which is very easy. They let you use a calculator. You then meet with a manager from Mortgage Disposition who explains the position and asks a few questions.

Interview Questions
    • None it was a very easy interview, just had the very basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Research Staff Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Zurich, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in March 2013.

I attended the job fair which consisted of submitting a packet full of papers that included the application and background check sign offs. Plus, you had to turn in your resume. I sat down with an HR Recruiter, and she suggested I apply for the Research Staff Writer position. I have no background in the mortgage company. However, I have had plenty of customer service experience, and based on what the job entailed, it was basically responding to the customer via email or letters. I interviewed with who I believed was the manager for the department, however I later found was to be an administrative assistant. Plus, I wasn't impressed with her process as she asked me questions while chewing her gum. I answered questions about my background in sales mostly, and she had some behavioral type questions. She proceeded to supply me with two sheets that had scenarios. I had to write a response letter to these scenarios. It took me 15 minutes to complete. I turned them into her, and our interview was complete. Two weeks passed, and I received a letter that expressed that I did not qualify for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Please explain a situation where you found managing most difficult?   Answer Question