Dovenmuehle Mortgage

Relevance Date Difficulty

Client Analyst Interview

Client Analyst
Lake Zurich, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage.

Interview Details – Applied through job fair with listed referral of current employee. Job fair section was very packed. Basic paperwork was filled out.

Proceeds to a 1:1 interview with HR person, where they see if you're a fit for the position or if another one suits you better. In my experience, HR didn't know what positions were open and could not explain several of the positions, and even recommended me for a position that did not have an opening.

Next step is a 1:1 interview with a department rep who looks over your resume and asks generic questions. This step weeded out candidates before meeting with the functional supervisor of the position.

Once again, very generic questions with no challenges. In hindsight, most of the information given to me was false. Lots of skills are required for the position, none are necessary. If you are able to learn repetitive tasks, you'll succeed.

After the interview, you are told you'll hear back in a week. I heard back after three weeks with conflicting calls for having been accepted and rejected for the position. Although I gave a start date, HR apparently decided I could start immediately. I received a call from the employee who referred me asking why I didn't "show up to work for my first day," even though I had not received an acceptance notice by then.

Interview Question – None - very generic questions that you would find in a beginner's guide to interviews, such as "what are you weaknesses?" and "why would you be good for the job?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Chose not to negotiate

Foreclosure Specialist Interview

Foreclosure Specialist
Lake Zurich, IL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in March 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring process involved one interview and a math test. You first meet with an HR employee who gives an overview of the company and then you are given a basic math test which is very easy. They let you use a calculator. You then meet with a manager from Mortgage Disposition who explains the position and asks a few questions.

Interview Question – None it was a very easy interview, just had the very basic interview questions.   Answer Question

Staff Accountant Interview

Staff Accountant
Lake Zurich, IL

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage.

Interview Details – The recruiter was very nice. She contacted me and told me about the position, yet i did not have an idea of what the position is until and after I was finished with the interview. There was no position requirements provided to me, i was told as long as you are good at excel you are good to go. Anyways I interviewed by two managers ( i think one was an assistant) and was told that I would be notified within two weeks. Today it has been 3 months and I have not heard back from them. gave many calls to the recruiter and she kept on telling me that she has not heard back from them, or they have not made a decision. I have given up and will never ever work there even if they offer me now. I was told by the manager that they need someone as soon as next week to join the team, and its been three months. seriously they are so slow no wonder their business is going down the drain. I would not recommend this old age home to any one....

Interview Question – nothing was difficult...they had the general questions   Answer Question

Research Staff Writer Interview

Research Staff Writer
Lake Zurich, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in March 2013.

Interview Details – I attended the job fair which consisted of submitting a packet full of papers that included the application and background check sign offs. Plus, you had to turn in your resume. I sat down with an HR Recruiter, and she suggested I apply for the Research Staff Writer position. I have no background in the mortgage company. However, I have had plenty of customer service experience, and based on what the job entailed, it was basically responding to the customer via email or letters. I interviewed with who I believed was the manager for the department, however I later found was to be an administrative assistant. Plus, I wasn't impressed with her process as she asked me questions while chewing her gum. I answered questions about my background in sales mostly, and she had some behavioral type questions. She proceeded to supply me with two sheets that had scenarios. I had to write a response letter to these scenarios. It took me 15 minutes to complete. I turned them into her, and our interview was complete. Two weeks passed, and I received a letter that expressed that I did not qualify for the position.

Interview Question – Please explain a situation where you found managing most difficult?   Answer Question

REO SPECIALIST Interview

REO SPECIALIST
Lake Zurich, IL

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in July 2012.

Interview Details – This may have been the most unprofessional interview ever conducted by an organization's managers. I received a telephone call from an HR manager, who subsequently conducted a telephone interview and recommended the REO Specialist position, even though she was well aware of the fact that I did not have a mortgage background. She scheduled the interview with two department managers. The HR manager brought me to the office of the two department managers. Before she had a chance to introduce me, one manager exclaimed "How many more interviews will I have?! I have enough work to do as it is!!" This was an unpleasant start to the interview process, but once it was underway, it was obvious that there would be two further problems. First, the managers responded to my inquiries with tossed-off answers that lacked information. I couldn't get specifics about the position. One manager in particular was well aware that I would be entering this position as a novice, and this had already been communicated by the HR manager. But from the start, he disliked my lack of mortgage experience. At one point, he literally hollered "Why are you here if you have no mortgage background?!" If my background was a problem, why did he accept the interview in the first place? The other manager, for her part, was dour and morose throughout the interview, usually mumbling her answers to my inquiries in few words. The second problem involved the lack of specific information involving training for the position. A good marker of an organization's functionality is a structure for new employee training. When I inquired about this, one of the managers responded with "Yeah, we train you." When I asked for more specifics, this person arrogantly responded with "Oh, yeah, we throw you to the wind!" I never received a straight answer about this matter, so I had to assume that there was NO specific training process. Why would I consider a potential employer if there is no specific process for assimilating a new employee? In short, these managers had no ability to conduct themselves in a polite, cordial manner, nor would they provide specific, informative answers to important questions. As a followup, I tried to contact the HR manager on several occasions to thank her for the interview opportunity and inquire about the position as a formality; there was no response. If these managers were representative of the typical Dovenmuehle employee, then this company is an unprofessional organization.

Interview Question – One of the two managers, a female, made two significant mistakes that further indicated a total lack of professionalism. First, she asked a "what would you do" question related to a mortgage process. I had a difficult time understanding the question due to her foreign accent. When I provided an answer to what I thought was the question, she admonished me in a condescending manner. When I apologized and politely asked her to repeat the question because I couldn't hear it (I never mentioned the accent), she refused. So, I was lambasted for my answer to a question that she literally mumbled, but she wouldn't offer an opportunity to readdress the question? Her demeanor was combative and completely unnecessary. Second, she asked if I had any qualms about working in a department primarily consisting of women. In the 21st century, why would she believe that THIS could be an issue for any male job candidate? It certainly wasn't, and isn't, and issue with me. This kind of question is uncalled for in any interview situation.   Answer Question

Research Staff Writer Interview

Research Staff Writer
Lake Zurich, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in July 2012.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair for Dovenmuehle in Lake Zurich. They first had everyone fill out a typical application. Then people were screened by an HR employee to figure out what positions were open and the best fit for the applicant. Then I was given a one-on-one interview with the head of the research department.

Interview Question – They were fairly typical/cliche interview questions without any real surprises. My interviewer asked about my motivations and 5 words to describe myself among other questions. There weren't any technical or hypothetical questions   Answer Question

Worked for Dovenmuehle Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!