Dovenmuehle Mortgage

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Research Staff Writer Interview

Lake Zurich, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in March 2013.

Interview Details – I attended the job fair which consisted of submitting a packet full of papers that included the application and background check sign offs. Plus, you had to turn in your resume. I sat down with an HR Recruiter, and she suggested I apply for the Research Staff Writer position. I have no background in the mortgage company. However, I have had plenty of customer service experience, and based on what the job entailed, it was basically responding to the customer via email or letters. I interviewed with who I believed was the manager for the department, however I later found was to be an administrative assistant. Plus, I wasn't impressed with her process as she asked me questions while chewing her gum. I answered questions about my background in sales mostly, and she had some behavioral type questions. She proceeded to supply me with two sheets that had scenarios. I had to write a response letter to these scenarios. It took me 15 minutes to complete. I turned them into her, and our interview was complete. Two weeks passed, and I received a letter that expressed that I did not qualify for the position.

Interview Question – Please explain a situation where you found managing most difficult?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Research Staff Writer Interview

Lake Zurich, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dovenmuehle Mortgage in July 2012.

Interview Details – I attended a job fair for Dovenmuehle in Lake Zurich. They first had everyone fill out a typical application. Then people were screened by an HR employee to figure out what positions were open and the best fit for the applicant. Then I was given a one-on-one interview with the head of the research department.

Interview Question – They were fairly typical/cliche interview questions without any real surprises. My interviewer asked about my motivations and 5 words to describe myself among other questions. There weren't any technical or hypothetical questions   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dovenmuehle Mortgage? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dovenmuehle Mortgage Research Staff Writer interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Dovenmuehle Mortgage employees and interview candidates.