Dow AgroSciences Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 26, 2014
Updated Jul 26, 2014
34 interviews

Production Engineer Interview

The hiring process consisted of an job fair with booth interview. The job fair was difficult to navigate because you are speaking to representatives in front of others around you. The booth interview was more personal with behavior interview questions and technical knowledge questions. The on-site interview included basic behavior interview questions with various company employees. The STAR method is based used for these types of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Please rate your knowledge of each subject of coursework you took in college   Answer Question

Sales Trainee Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

I gave my resume to a Dow representative at a campus career fair. They called me that night for an interview the next day on campus. Most questions were about my previous academic and professional experience. They called me a few days later to fly to Indianapolis for the second round of interviews. At this round, I was interviewed by 5 employees in various roles. Each had a different style of questioning so be prepared for a casual conversation and a formal STAR based interview.

Summer Intern Interview

summer internship was oriented on a small project which was time bound. the interview process was primarily started with an online application. the human resource personnel contacted after reviewing the application, followed by a conversation with the hiring manager on how the internship is adaptable and thus suited with my on-going PhD project.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dow AgroSciences in June 2012.

I thought the interview process was a bit over the top. I interviewed with 6 separate individuals. Several of these people were those i had worked with as a contractor so they were already well aware of my qualifications. The on-boarding process was quick and painless, however, i would have liked a bit more information up front on how the benefits were structured. That was done weeks into my employ.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how I would manage a project when certain resources were either absent or inaccessible for a timeframe that encompassed a majority of the project timeline.   View Answer

R&D Laboratory Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed online. The process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Dow AgroSciences in February 2013.

Paper application submitted end of Jan.
    Follow-up, on-site interview at end of Feb.
    Hired immediately the week after

Interview Questions
    • All were very expected questions:
      1. Why did you apply for this position?
      2. What prior experience do you have that make you fit for this position?
      3. What are you long-term career plans/goals?
      4. Do you have any questions for us?
        Answer Question
    No salary negotiation

Business Analytics Summer Intern Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dow AgroSciences in December 2013.

A phone interview of 30 minutes. All math questions. There are several interviewers. Questions were not difficult, but the accent of the interviewer confused me a bit. There are questions about the binomial distribution and hypothesis testing. Just the basic concept would be enough. The phone signal is not very good, at least in my case, so pay attention.

Interview Questions
    • There are three boxes with balls in them. One has only red balls. One has only green balls. The other one has mixed balls. Now each of the box is labeled with a wrong label saying what balls are in it. You have only one chance to open a box and get out a ball. The purpose is to find out what the right label should be. Which box should you open and what is ur result.   View Answer

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow AgroSciences in January 2013.

Hired through Kelly Services

They had a set rate and didn't allow negotiation.

Sales Intern Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

Applied and interviewed through a college recruiting weekend and career fair. Interview was held on campus at a conference facility. The interview was formal but relaxed, and included some questions based on the STAR interview format, but had others that were not. Was contacted by local regional manager 2 weeks after the interview and offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was to identify and explain situations involving disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question
    Be proactive, not reactive

R & D Intern Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dow AgroSciences.

One phone interview from Mentor. Decision made right after the phone interview

Molecular Biology Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dow AgroSciences in September 2013.

Applied on-line and they responded to me a month later, requesting on over the phone interview. After this, I was asked if I come in for an in prson interview in Portland in the next few weeks and warned that they were not supposed of hire out of state. I was interviewed by 14 people over the course of the day, some were phone interviews, others in person, not lasting more than half an hour. Most questions were repeated by many of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dow AgroSciences? Contribute to the Community!