Dow Chemical Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 17, 2015

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair and they did a quick review of my resume asking me to elaborate more on things like volunteer work and research. I received a call for an interview the next day at the campus. I had one interviewer, a process engineer. She asked basic behavioral question nothing out of the ordinary.

I took a business card for HR person I met at the fair and followed up after a month had passed and I heard nothing. About 2 weeks later I received an email saying that I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2013.

Interview

I interview at a conference in Indianapolis the interview was just general questions

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in October 2009.

Interview

I was asked both technical and other questions regarding behavioral activities during the interview. I was given the chance to talk to the representitive who was very knowledgeable about the company and was very respectful. I was upset i did not get the job however i thought it was a good experience for me and helped me with other interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time you went out of your way to help another employee   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2008.

Interview

the interview started with a phone screen which lasted for 45 minutes, the interviewer asked some technical questions and a couple of behavior questions. the 1:1 interview was 1 hour long, mostly covering
    the technical questions followed by question time. I guess I didn't do a good job to prepare so many questions and not answered in a fluent way.

Interview Questions

• what kind of agent do you use in your synthesize, how did it work   1 Answer
    • how much salary do you expect   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2010.

Interview

Dow Chemical was relatively nice to me and upbeat during the interview. Their hiring representative was nice in person and seemed genuinely interested. Most all questions were personality based. Did not get second interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you disagreed with someone you worked with and how you overcame that disagreement.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2010.

Interview

Good interview. People were nice and gave a lot of insight about the company. I was worn out after the end of the day, though I got a good feel about the company.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2009.

Interview

I first spoke to an employee at a career fair and got me an interview. During the interview I was asked technical and behavioral questions. 2 DAYS LATER they sent me an email saying they decided to pursue other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you had to apply technical knowledge to solve a problem.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2008.

Interview

very courteous and very efficient. Good people. Seemed to be very busy group. Research oriented atmosphere combined with engineering application situation.