Dow Chemical

4.0

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI
Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2011.

The interview started with a series of technical questions to evaluate my financial proficiency. Personally this was my first interview of the interview season and I stumbled a bit. I was asked to calculate WACC, CAPM, Free Cash Flows and asked to describe how certain income statement changes would affect Operating Cash Flows. 45 minute interview, 30 minutes of technical questions, 10 minutes of "fit" questions and 5 more minutes for me to ask them questions.

The interviewers were pretty serious, both ex engineers. Not a very affable group.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2011.

In July 2011 I applied online and had a phone interview in August. I followed up every couple of weeks on the status of my application. Then in October 2011, I was invited to come to Midland, MI for a face to face interview. The interview was behavioral based questions (S.T.A.R. model)

The interview process I have to say was negative because even though the hiring manager already knew that I held several jobs prior, I was rejected because of this. I asked myself, then why go through this interview process in the first place.

Also, one of the interviewers had never heard of the term AOP (annual operating plan).

Interview Questions