Dow Chemical Interview Questions in Freeport, TX

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.9

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in July 2014.

Interview

Contacted by HR recruiter via LinkedIn. Applied online. Got invited to an interview event. Two consecutive group panel interviews; 3 people for the first, 4 for the second. Typical behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Have a better offer from another company.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied on indeed.com
    I got an email withing 2 weeks for scheduling the interview
    it was a phone interview by 2 people, and withing 3 hours they called me back to let me know they are interested in hiring me.

Interview Questions

• What classes you are taking?
      How well you know ASPEN?
      Describe a school project you currently worked on

Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX).

Interview

I met a recruiter through my institute's on campus career fair. Briefly discussed my position in school and goals involving a co-op position then handed my resume. Followed up with an online application that also involved another resume submission. Two weeks later I was offered to come in for an interview. I waited a week past the date the interviewer told me I would hear back from them about the interview results, then sent a follow up email inquiring their decision.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a situation, in which you had a solution to a problem in a group project, but one of the group members did not agree to your solution?   Answer Question

Site Logistics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Drug test, physical, like most places you get tested interviewed and physically tested. You may also but enough to wear a air respirator. I thought the process was a bit long mine was 6 months total from test to hire. But once hire you have full benefits the 1st day. Which helped a bunch. I was in a test room of 100+ and they had several test sessions. In my site logistics class about 40 people.

Turnaround Maintenance Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

two part phone interview with the HR staff that ask typical question abut job opportunities and that person do not have any seance with the question just ask question with out any comment or detail so i pass the two or three question because i can not understand the question then face to face interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

On campus interview--on site interview

Interview Questions

• How do you envision your career path at Dow   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Performance Material R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I was first invited to the on-campus, one-on-one, interview. The interviewer was very friendly, general behavioral questions were asked. Three weeks later, I was invited to an on-site visit at Freeport Texas. They paid for all the expenses including travel, lodging, and meals. I arrived hotel on Thursday night. I had breakfast with my host at the hotel. I made a presentation about selected topics from my PhD thesis in the morning, followed by interviews with individual Dow fellows, managers. During the presentation, I got interrupted for a lot of questions so I was not able to finish the presentation, but the interaction between us seemed fine. I had lunch with a young employee who shared a lot of experiences working in Dow with me. In the afternoon, I was interviewed by three other Dow fellows. Conversations were very friendly, some discussion about technical objectives and career in Dow.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you can make a Patent out of your previous work?   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Dow came to my university and held approx. 40 minute 1:1 interviews, which consisted first of a brief presentation of my research. I found my interviewer to be friendly and not especially probing on this first interview. He mostly had questions about my research, then gave me the gist of an information session I had missed the day before. He followed up a few days later by phone. A second phone conversation came a week later with another recruiter. Again, he wasn't that probing and gave more information about the company and worked with me on where within Dow I would be a good fit.
    Two weeks later, I flew out for the on-site interview. After breakfast at the hotel with my host, I went over to the lab at core R&D and gave a presentation of my research, which was well received. The rest of the visit consisted of a lab and facilities tour, lunch and several 1:1 interviews with employees at various levels, as well as the manager. These mostly went very well with a couple of exceptions. The interview with the program director made me the most nervous. I caught myself elaborating too much. I left with a good feeling overall but an offer never came and my email inquiries were not returned.
    In truth, it was my first ever on-site interview and initially I was mostly along for the ride as I wasn't in any immediate need for a job. About halfway through, I got more serious about working there but I guess the first impression I gave wasn't strong.

Interview Questions

• Describe any conflicts you have had.   1 Answer

I&E Co-Op Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in July 2013.

Interview

I received a phone call after having applied for several electrical and I&E jobs, Which due to my lack of Experience I did not obtain however since this is a co-op or internship they finally called me in for a 7 person panel interview. I was asked several instrumentation questions however due to the Dow strict control guidelines I can not specify which they are. I was also asked about 15- to 20 personality questions and about 20 technical questions. They took turns asking me different things.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you noticed someone doing something wrong. What did you do and how did that person take it or handle it?   1 Answer

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

The University Career Services office told me about Dow recruiting in my university. I called the recruiter before she came and talked to her over the phone. She liked me and called me for a site interview. The position got filled by someone else but she refered me to another site. Got another on person interview in a different site. Had 2 interviews during the same day and 1 site tour. They called me later that day to give me a verbal offer. 3 days later I got the writing offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use your technical knowledge. Why do you want to work for Dow. What would you bring of value to the company.   Answer Question