Dow Chemical Interview Questions in Houston, TX

2.9

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Ph D Chemistry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical in August 2014.

I submitted my resume, cover letter & research description through my University career center. I heard that I got an interview within a few days of the close of the application process. The interview was about 1 week later. Prior to my interview they contacted one of my references for a letter of rec. The interview was with current PhD scientists at Dow, not HR people. I haven't heard back from them since the interview, which I'm assuming means I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work in industry? Can you tell me about a time you initiated a collaboration?   View Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Chemical in July 2014.

I filled out an online requisition / application on Dow's website. (I happen to like Dow's job board and application process, by the way; it is quite slick and works very well.) I had to take a technical aptitude test during the application process, which I enjoyed. A couple days later I received an email saying Dow wanted to set up a phone interview with me. I responded to the email and set up a time, which was about a week later. When the interviewer contacted me, she was very nice, but she wasn't the hiring manager, therefore the answers I gave her were being recorded both by phone and by her typing my answers. She had canned questions. She was feeling me out and testing, mainly, my soft skills. She asked about ten questions, of which about half could have been answered by looking at my resume. The interview took about 30 minutes. After it was after, she thanked me and told me I could check the status of my application online, and I could also call an 800 number and inquire, but only after a period of about two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Canned questions regarding the time I "handled a challenging situation on the job", and "what one thing makes me stand out against my peers". None of the questions are necessarily difficult, but these are the kind of questions that are difficult to answer because it's hard to know *exactly* what any given employer is looking for.   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in July 2014.

Contacted by HR recruiter via LinkedIn. Applied online. Got invited to an interview event. Two consecutive group panel interviews; 3 people for the first, 4 for the second. Typical behavior questions.

Interview Questions

Have a better offer from another company.

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

I met a recruiter through my institute's on campus career fair. Briefly discussed my position in school and goals involving a co-op position then handed my resume. Followed up with an online application that also involved another resume submission. Two weeks later I was offered to come in for an interview. I waited a week past the date the interviewer told me I would hear back from them about the interview results, then sent a follow up email inquiring their decision.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation, in which you had a solution to a problem in a group project, but one of the group members did not agree to your solution?   Answer Question

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Process took about three months. Started with a phone screening that lasted about 20 minutes. About 2 months later I had a face-to-face interview with the Environmental staff (5 staff members) which lasted about an hour.
    Most of the questions where related to my past work related to Title V permitting and Federal Regs mixed with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation were you and to solve a complex problem while working together with a team.   Answer Question

Turnaround Maintenance Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

two part phone interview with the HR staff that ask typical question abut job opportunities and that person do not have any seance with the question just ask question with out any comment or detail so i pass the two or three question because i can not understand the question then face to face interview

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2013.

On campus interview--on site interview

Interview Questions
    • How do you envision your career path at Dow   View Answer
    No negotiation

Performance Material R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

I was first invited to the on-campus, one-on-one, interview. The interviewer was very friendly, general behavioral questions were asked. Three weeks later, I was invited to an on-site visit at Freeport Texas. They paid for all the expenses including travel, lodging, and meals. I arrived hotel on Thursday night. I had breakfast with my host at the hotel. I made a presentation about selected topics from my PhD thesis in the morning, followed by interviews with individual Dow fellows, managers. During the presentation, I got interrupted for a lot of questions so I was not able to finish the presentation, but the interaction between us seemed fine. I had lunch with a young employee who shared a lot of experiences working in Dow with me. In the afternoon, I was interviewed by three other Dow fellows. Conversations were very friendly, some discussion about technical objectives and career in Dow.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you can make a Patent out of your previous work?   View Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Dow came to my university and held approx. 40 minute 1:1 interviews, which consisted first of a brief presentation of my research. I found my interviewer to be friendly and not especially probing on this first interview. He mostly had questions about my research, then gave me the gist of an information session I had missed the day before. He followed up a few days later by phone. A second phone conversation came a week later with another recruiter. Again, he wasn't that probing and gave more information about the company and worked with me on where within Dow I would be a good fit.
    Two weeks later, I flew out for the on-site interview. After breakfast at the hotel with my host, I went over to the lab at core R&D and gave a presentation of my research, which was well received. The rest of the visit consisted of a lab and facilities tour, lunch and several 1:1 interviews with employees at various levels, as well as the manager. These mostly went very well with a couple of exceptions. The interview with the program director made me the most nervous. I caught myself elaborating too much. I left with a good feeling overall but an offer never came and my email inquiries were not returned.
    In truth, it was my first ever on-site interview and initially I was mostly along for the ride as I wasn't in any immediate need for a job. About halfway through, I got more serious about working there but I guess the first impression I gave wasn't strong.

I&E Co-Op Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dow Chemical in July 2013.

I received a phone call after having applied for several electrical and I&E jobs, Which due to my lack of Experience I did not obtain however since this is a co-op or internship they finally called me in for a 7 person panel interview. I was asked several instrumentation questions however due to the Dow strict control guidelines I can not specify which they are. I was also asked about 15- to 20 personality questions and about 20 technical questions. They took turns asking me different things.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you noticed someone doing something wrong. What did you do and how did that person take it or handle it?   View Answer