2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Improvement Engineer Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2010.

I was contacted by HR and invited to an on-site interview a few weeks later. The interview was a panel behavioral interview with the people I'd be working with and under (4 people). They asked situation-specific questions about things I'd dome in the past that prove skill necessary for the job. Personally, I don't find behavioral interviews any more productive than a standard 1:1 becasue you can BS your way through and fabricate responses ar bend the truth.

I contacted the only interviewer who gave me his information a couple of times over the next month and finally HR called me to make an offer and schedule the drug screening.

Overall a pretty standard experience for a manufacturing company interview for an engineer. If you have no qualms with working in oil and gas though, head for that industry...the pay is way better...especially upstream.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time you had to find an innovative way to solve a problem.   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time you had to resolve a conflict amongst peers while solving a problem.   Answer Question
Although they are pretty firm on their salaries I was able to negotiate a signing bonus since I wasn't requiring relocation and I'd have to buy a car because my previous employer provided one. It won't hurt to negotiate...especially if you have some past experience/current salary to leverage in there.

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Improvement Engineer Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical in April 2009.

Standard behavior and technical questions.

Interview Questions
    • How did you deal with a situation involving a difficult co worker   Answer Question