Dow Chemical Intern Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2014

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my college career fair. I was offered an interview the next day. The interview was a basic HR interview. No questions were a surprise to me. Overall, the process was pretty pleasant.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very hard. Just basic HR questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Chemical (Champaign, IL).

Interview

Casual face to face interview with the manager at their innovation center in Champaign. Manager is very nice and open to talk to. Questions nearly all about resume, experience, and about the internship position. Straightforward interview and got response back within a couple of days.

Interview Questions

• What is the extent of your knowledge with [programming language]?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online as well as had a contact within the organization

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you knew you were going to miss a deadline.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Interview

Most of the questions were behavioral based. The interview was about an hour. They definitely look for the STAR method when answering questions. There were some experienced based questions even though I had no formal experience. The interviewer was very pleasant and not intimidating. It was overall a good interview experience.

Interview Questions

• There were quite a few similar questions regarding working with others so be sure to have a few examples for teamwork.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Lubbock, TX) in September 2013.

Interview

college job fair

Intern Interview

Interview

Phone interview

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

met them at the career fair and applied. they called me, and asked basic questions about myself; nothing too out of the ordinary. Then they called me for an interview at the site, and it was all behavioral questions. They're extremely nice and want to help you succeed in the interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in June 2011.

Interview

I participated in a structured interview with 4 different individuals. Very basic behaviorally-based type questions geared around competencies. There was an online assessment in addition to the Taleo-based application. It was set up very professionally and the interviewers were very well-prepared and seemed like they had received training on conducting interviews. I was very satisfied with the entire process.

Interview Questions

• I don't feel comfortable sharing this.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nairobi (Kenya)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Nairobi (Kenya)) in August 2014.

Interview

Very insightful interview. The interviewer was a chemical engineer like me so, we had a lot to talk about. I could not use difficult engineering word like I do to the HR interviewers.

Interview Questions

• What Ion Exchange works in water purification for boiler use   1 Answer

Negotiation

Offer is preset. No negotiations

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Terneuzen (Netherlands)

(Translated from English)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Terneuzen (Netherlands)) in December 2013.

Interview

Ik solliciteerde voor een stage plaats en kreeg een week later een email om een gesprek in te plannen.

Het eerste gesprek was via de telefoon en het ging er goed. Geen moeilijke vragen en ze stelde me op mijn gemak.

Voor het tweede gesprek werd ik uitgenodigd bij het bedrijf en dat ging ook erg goed. Ik kan me niet herinneren dat er vragen waren waarover ik struikelde. De vragen waren vooral bedoeld om na te gaan of ik goed kan presteren en om vast te stellen dat de omvang van het voorgestelde project goed was voor de gestelde termijn.

Waarschuwing: Dow is een heel groot bedrijf dus mijn ervaringen kunnen anders zijn dan die van jou. Ga er niet vanuit dat het bij jou ook zo makkelijk zal gaan, ik had gewoon geluk.

I applied for an internship position and received an email about 1 week later, to schedule an interview.
    The first interview was over the phone, and it went very well. No tough questions, and they made me feel at ease.
    For the second interview, I was invited to the company, and that went well as well. I cannot recall any questions that made me trip. The questions were mostly intended to ascertain my ability to perform well, and to make sure that the scope of the proposed project was okay for the given time frame.

Warning: Dow is a very big company, so my experience might be different from yours. Don't assume that yours will be easy as well. I think I just got lucky.

Interview Questions

• Ik had geen moeilijke of onverwachtse vraag om eerlijk zijn.   I didn't have any difficult or unexpected question, to be honest.   Answer Question