Dow Chemical

Very Easy Interview

Operator Interview

Operator
Ringwood, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in April 2010.

Interview Details – Odd, dumb people doing the interview with less knowledge than me. I applied online and got an interview with very dull and stupid people and got the job. I would not work for Dow it sucks unless you want to kiss butt the rest of your life.

Interview Question – They were all difficult because none of the questions made any sense or had anything to do with the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Summer Intern - Engineering Interview

Summer Intern - Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – I am still in college and went to a conference in Indianapolis to meet with recruiters. I spoke with one of the recruiters and they were friendly and very knowledgeable. Although, they were not in my type of engineering they set me up with a meeting over the phone with a supervisor that is in the department I would be best suited for. Within a week of that conversation/meeting/interview I was offered an internship.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no need to negotiate; price was more than expected.

Rotational Intern Interview

Rotational Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewers asked pertinent questions related to the field of accounting.Very comfortable, friendly and low-key. There were no brain teaser or behavioral questions. The interview was actually enjoyable. It is sometimes difficult to relax prior to an interview, but this was not a high-pressure situation at all. I was immediately put at ease by the interviewer's relaxed and friendly attitude. I have experienced other interviews where the questions are so off the wall that I struggled to come up with an answer, such as, "If you were to live your life by a specific phrase or motto, which one would it be?" Dow's interview process is not filled with this type of fluff, which is wonderful.

Interview Question – The only question that caused me pause was one regarding my long-term goals. I am getting ready to graduate and had been concentrating on my immediate goals, so it took me a minute to think about that.   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist

Interviewed at Dow Chemical

Interview Details – Interview process starts with a 30 minutes' written test and as screening process and then a very brief 15 minutes' behavior interview and talk with human resources manager. In about 2 weeks, follow up with the second round on site interview for about an hour with a functional leader and 2 team leaders (panel interview).

Interview Question – Mostly behavior interview starting from walking through resume and lasts about an hour.   Answer Question

EHS Specialist Interview

EHS Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about three months. Started with a phone screening that lasted about 20 minutes. About 2 months later I had a face-to-face interview with the Environmental staff (5 staff members) which lasted about an hour.
Most of the questions where related to my past work related to Title V permitting and Federal Regs mixed with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation were you and to solve a complex problem while working together with a team.   Answer Question

Reliability and Maintenance Engineer Interview

Reliability and Maintenance Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – Fairly typical initial interview, behavioral questions and the like. Try and express some of your strengths in these answers. I personally only had one round of interviewing of approximately 30 minutes. I was given a call about 2 hours later telling me I got the job. Very great interviewers, as I did not find it very difficult to strike up a conversation. They were very good at asking questions about my resume, and figuring out who you are as a person.

Interview Question – Choose a time where you were put in a situation where someone was doing something wrong, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was great, and did not need to negotiate.

Project Engineer Interview

Project Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – I was recruited out of college, so the process may vary depending on the stage of your career. The hiring process consisted of an off-site interview, as well as an on-site visit. The interview was behavior based, and standard "STAR" format was the preference for responses. My recommendation is to be prepared to answer the "basic" interview questions regarding strengths, weaknesses, challenging experiences, and demonstration of initiative; having an awareness of these types of scenarios will help you answer any behavioral based question. Additionally, be prepared with questions for the employer, and show initiative and interest; this can help you in demonstrating ability to critically think about the role, opportunities long and short term, and general personal style.

Interview Question – As the questions were behavioral based, I would say to focus on having a clear understanding of and capability to effectively communicate your personal experiences (both professional and personal). I did not encounter any questions that were truly technical in nature, but this may also depend on the particular role.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The process for reviewing the offer and negotiating was smooth. I felt well communicated to, and responses were timely. Everyone was very open to chatting, discussing freely about the realistic options, and seeking to find a way to meet the needs of both the company and potential employee.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Austin, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview was held on campus and was conducted by two Dow employees. Each employee had a different background with Dow but overall they clearly signified the values that the company stood for. The interview covered my past experiences and the questions were all behavioral. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Pipefitter Interview

Pipefitter
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in April 2014.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a job recruiter had a over the phone job interview. Then I came to Dow Chemical for a one-on-one interview. Based on the position, most of the questions were experience oriented.

Interview Question – What would you consider a weakness?   Answer Question

Research and Development Engineer Interview

Research and Development Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – On-campus hiring

Interview Question – In the first interview, among many other questions, they asked me about personal and professional challenges that you have faced during your PhD?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dow Chemical

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!

Dow Chemical Videos

Dow Chemical – Why Work for Us?

We’re for what goes after the equal sign. We are chemists. We are scientists. We are thinkers. Dreamers. Believers. And doers. We connect chemistry and innovation with the principles of sustainability to help address… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dow Chemical interview questions and advice. All 206 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dow Chemical employees and interview candidates.