Dow Chemical

Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.9

Campus Recruiting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Firstly I had an 30 min interview on campus and mostly about my PhD research. They ask behavior questions that are related with your PhD work or PhD experience. Then I was told that I got an on site. I have a host who is very helpful and she takes me to the on site and we had dinner and breakfast together. The on site interview is intense and I have to talk to several people in the midland site and also people calling from PA site. But I enjoyed the process and I enjoyed their professionalism and the depth of their knowledge.

Interview Questions
    • First 30 min a lot of behavior, on site a lot of technical questions   Answer Question

Reliability and Maintenance Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Site interview was very professional and focused on job duties. All team members took turns in asking Questions. I was given a copy of questions being asked for my review when I was brought to the room. Overall great process. I enjoyed this format as it allowed me to read the next question while allowing the team to record their notes.

Interview Questions
    • Questions ranged from standard interpersonal to technical based.   Answer Question

Chemical Technician Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2015.

Short phone interview, maybe 10 minutes. The interviewer was in a rush and cut off my answers. This was the first step in the interview process. Waiting for second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of how you displayed leadership on the job?
      Tell me about a time when you exceeded expectations?

Answer Question

Accounting Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

I applied through my university career portal and was offered an interview. The interview was behavioral, typical questions asked (tell me about yourself, why you chose accounting, etc). I was able to ask questions in the last 15 minutes of the interview, which in total took 45 minutes. Post interview I had to fill out a survey through their online career portal describing my team management skills. Not a big deal; it's more like a personality quiz. A few days later I got a call from the hiring manager telling me I landed an internship. Overall the process was quick and efficient.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to present with a group and tell me the outcome of that event.   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Campus interview in Sep. Got notice of onsite interview in Oct. Onsite interviewed in Dec and got the offer 3 days after the interview. Good experience. Nice people. Base salary the same across all the locations in US for all fresh PhD graduates. Heard some other sites had hiring freeze.

Interview Questions
    • Which research group would you choose if you want to do a post-doc?   Answer Question

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in January 2015.

The interview was a structured phone interview with four participants, each responsible for facilitating a different section. The interview lasted 90 minutes. I was given a list of 6 topics in advance and the attributes the company was looking for in this areas. During the interview itself, the questions followed these 6 topics but all had a twist of some sort looking for a specific answer (... tell me about your most recent experience leading a small-scale improvement...). I had 12 prepared examples from my work history ready for the interview in "STAR" format (situation, task, action taken positive result). This worked well and fit their question format. However, as I followed their specific questions with the 'twist' added, I realized I was making a strategic mistake. I was using examples with the best impression of my skills and answering their question honestly, but it was not always the examples most relevant to the online job posting. After the 90 minutes, I realized there were 2 specific examples from my work history very relevant to the online job posting that I did not utilize!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me an example about an internal system & policy that was frustrating to you from my last job? Why?   View Answer

Supply Rotational Program Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview was pretty basic. There was a one hour time slot with 45 minutes of questions and 15 minutes left to ask questions. Interview had two interviewers, the coordinator of the program and someone who went through the program.

Interview Questions
    • All behavioral based so nothing too difficult. The most unexpected had to be "tell me about a time you handled something poorly and what you learned from it"   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Obtained an interview through the university recruiting, there was an online portal to connect with Dow through university career services. Attended an evening information session about the company after selection for an interview. It was a 45 minute interview consisting many of behavioral questions. I was given 5 minutes at the beginning to succinctly describe my research (I brought along 1 slide for a visual) and this was supposed to be more general and easy to understand. They asked me a couple questions about my work and then started with the behavioral sections, asking about specific instances I'd encountered in my previous work, strengths, difficulties, coworker interactions etc.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time you disagreed with your advisor, and how you overcame this difference in opinion.   View Answer

Instrument Tech Interview

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2014.

I have really enjoyed the hiring process. You put your app in and take the aptitude test, the xall for a phone interview, then schedule a face to face. Each steap is very upfront and informative

Entry Level M&E Engineer Interview

There were 2 rounds of interview - on campus and on site. Regardless of role, for entry level positions, the questions were essentially the same. Mainly behavioral questions revolving around core values within the company and a simple technical question related to the technical qualities desired for the role. Most questions were standard 'tell me of a time when you had to overcome some weakness/setback', 'talk to me about your greatest accomplishment', '...work on a team' etc.