Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Sep 2, 2015

2.9

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2008.

Interview

very courteous and very efficient. Good people. Seemed to be very busy group. Research oriented atmosphere combined with engineering application situation.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in October 2011.

Interview

The interview started with a series of technical questions to evaluate my financial proficiency. Personally this was my first interview of the interview season and I stumbled a bit. I was asked to calculate WACC, CAPM, Free Cash Flows and asked to describe how certain income statement changes would affect Operating Cash Flows. 45 minute interview, 30 minutes of technical questions, 10 minutes of "fit" questions and 5 more minutes for me to ask them questions. The interviewers were pretty serious, both ex engineers. Not a very affable group.

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in March 2010.

Interview

First contact was through the phone for a short interview with human resources. They asked generic information about your skills, background, previous employers etc. Then, I was contacted by the supervisor for the position I was applying for to tell me they selected me for an in-person interview. A date was set up and I was given a person to contact to arrange for travel and hotel expenses to be covered. It was indicated to me that I needed to give a 1 hour seminar and would be interviewed by a range of different people with a wide range of different backgrounds. The day of the interview I was picked up at the hotel and brought to the interview location. After arriving, I met with a person from Human Resources and the supervisor for the position to discuss how the interview will proceed and discussed the scedule for the interview. There was a 1 hour seminar, 5 group interviews with two employees interviewing me (one of which was done remotely with two people on the phone at a different site) that were 30 min each, and a 1 hour interview with the two supervisors directly above the position. In the 30 minute interviews, I was interviewed by other people currently in the same position I was applying for, people below the position in technician roles, technical people in another group that I would be interfacing with, and supervisors. The questions I was asked were generally split into four categories: Technical Knowledge about the job I was applying for, technical knowledge about past experience and my seminar topic, scenario qeustions designed to test how well I work on my feet, and "HR" questions about teamwork, leadership, conflict resolution, and integrity. The HR questions were fairly generic versions of what you can find online such as "Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with a coworker and how it was resolved?", "Do you prefer to work in teams or on your own?", "Give an example of a time that you exhibited leadership in a role" etc. After the interview it was about 2 weeks before an offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Descripe a situation where you and a co-worker had a significant conflict and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The package offered was competitive and I was happy with it.

Global Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Albany, NY) in March 2009.

Interview

Approached by head hunter, I was offered a phone interview with my boss from Midland. After that, a HR person called me to talk about the salary and benefit. Later, I met the division VP in NYC. And then, I flied to Midland for last round interview with my immediate boss and other subordinates. Finally, the HR person came back with the final offer and I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave Momentive where you had spent 15 years with?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Just got the on-campus interview after submitting the cv

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Danvers, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

2 managers asking technical questions for 2 hours. Very grueling, exacting, but if you know your stuff you should be all right. Panel interview with 2 PhD chemists. No lab tour. Very tight security until you are in. No preview of questions, structured interview which changes each year.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of random and systematic error and how they relate to an ICP-MS.   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Bogotá, Bogota (Colombia)) in September 2011.

Interview

The fisrt filter is an English test and IQ When selected you will present panel interview with a group of 100 people If selected you will be part of another panel of 16 people. If selected within a group og 8 you will have 1:1 interviews with regional leaders in spanish, english and german; depending which languages do you speak. Depending upon availability 2-5 people will be selected as trainees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a part of Dow Chemical?   1 Answer

Supply Chain Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

There was just one interview took place the same day in which I was interviewed by 3 different managers. They had the managers who would be working closest with me to determine whether I was the right candidate.

Production Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Deer Park, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

A Human Resources representative, production technologist, site leader and production leader were all present and took turns asking questions. I was asked to expound on my work related experience and situational questions to gauge my demeanor and social skills in a team oriented working environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a time when you were able to sway someone with whom you had a disagreement to your way of thinking.   1 Answer

Commercial Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Midland, MI

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Midland, MI) in August 2012.

Interview

Interview process started with on campus interviews as a prescreen exercise. Moved on to interviews on campus in a 1 on 1 setting. Last stage was a full day interview at company headquarters for commercial role. Very thorough process and with many different stakeholders. Truly looking to find candidates that fit their values and objectives. Great experience overall - most challenging interview i had.