Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.9

Chemical Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Contacted by phone after speaking with a representative at a career fair, set up an interview the next day. One on one interview, lasted about 45 minutes. Most questions were focused on leadership experience and the thoughts behind your decision making process. Final question was simply "Why should we hire you?"

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to change your approach to a problem to get something done   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

three to four months after inital interview by phone. All went well. Interviewers are all professional.

Interview Questions
    head hunter will try to sell the yearly bonus as big money - but reality it depeneds on company target and peformance.

Supply Chain Planner Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

the process is a team atmosphere and the team will follow a set of questions. You can find the basics on the web. A skilled interviewer will know if you are blowing smoke, so be prepared for open ended questions.

Process Engineer Intern Interview

Met and talked to Dow at career showcase for the University of Florida, very friendly and spent a long time talking to them. Called back the same night for an interview the next day. Interview was half about where I wanted to be in the company and half questions mostly about leadership and teamwork.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really unexpected no technical questions. In what instances have you had to step up as a leader? What are some weaknesses and how've you worked on them?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

I was asked a bunch of behavior questions that took about 50 mins long in an job conference.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you have to disagree with your boss.   Answer Question

Business Development Director Interview

Through executive search firm

friendly, reasonable and realastic

Internship In Europe Interview

telephone interview by Spanish employees; it was not that bad, though my lack of spanish and their lack of English did cause some problems. Overall, it was a good experience, and I feel that the company would be good to work for. It just did not work with my summer schedule.

Senior CHEMIST Interview

campus recruitement

Maintenance Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Job/task related examples: by competensies: Collaborating for Superior Results,Lead Courageously,Delivering Innovative Solutions,Generating Customer Value.

Interview Questions
    • Having specific examples:
      for each competensInitiative
      Market Focus, Functional
        View Answer
    no negotiation

Program Director Interview

on-line application, phone interview, in person interview

Interview Questions
    • If you could go back in time and change college major and career, what would you change it to?   View Answer