Dow Chemical

208 candidate interviews

Reliability Engineer Interview

Reliability Engineer
Freeport, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in July 2014.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR recruiter via LinkedIn. Applied online. Got invited to an interview event. Two consecutive group panel interviews; 3 people for the first, 4 for the second. Typical behavior questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you made a technical mistake.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Have a better offer from another company.

Process Operator Interview

Process Operator
Texas City, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2012.

Interview Details – Submitted application and was invited to take a mechanical aptitude & math test. Just the standard tests that most companies use. After the testing I was called for a pre-screen phone interview. I passed that and was selected for a face to face interview. The interview was about 1-1.5 hours. Just general operations and behavioral questions. After the interview I received a call with an offer. I accepted and began the verification process and medical/physical testing/ screening

Interview Question – The want to know about procedure use and if you are safety driven. Be prepared to show things you have learned in the past and show improvement   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Union enviroment.

Very Easy Interview

Operator Interview

Operator
Ringwood, IL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in April 2010.

Interview Details – Odd, dumb people doing the interview with less knowledge than me. I applied online and got an interview with very dull and stupid people and got the job. I would not work for Dow it sucks unless you want to kiss butt the rest of your life.

Interview Question – They were all difficult because none of the questions made any sense or had anything to do with the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – none

Reliability and Maintenance Engineer Interview

Reliability and Maintenance Engineer
Geelong (Australia)

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in July 2012.

Interview Details – 6 months working as an intern after graduating from university - working on cost savings projects - then reliability engineer - then maintenance leader - still in the process of becoming a full time employee due to the head count freeze

Interview Question – What could you do if someone is not participating in your team? how can you motivate them?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very Flexible

Summer Intern - Engineering Interview

Summer Intern - Engineering

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – I am still in college and went to a conference in Indianapolis to meet with recruiters. I spoke with one of the recruiters and they were friendly and very knowledgeable. Although, they were not in my type of engineering they set me up with a meeting over the phone with a supervisor that is in the department I would be best suited for. Within a week of that conversation/meeting/interview I was offered an internship.

Interview Question – What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no need to negotiate; price was more than expected.

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Interviewed at Dow Chemical

Interview Details – Applied online through the University of Alberta. There was two interviews, the first one was at the University and the second one was at the Dow Chemical facility in Fort Saskatchewan.

Both interviews consisted of Behavior Based Interview questions and there were different interviews for each round.

The two interviews asked some of the same questions

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you immediately dismissed an idea and it came back to you   Answer Question

Rotational Intern Interview

Rotational Intern
Houston, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2013.

Interview Details – Interviewers asked pertinent questions related to the field of accounting.Very comfortable, friendly and low-key. There were no brain teaser or behavioral questions. The interview was actually enjoyable. It is sometimes difficult to relax prior to an interview, but this was not a high-pressure situation at all. I was immediately put at ease by the interviewer's relaxed and friendly attitude. I have experienced other interviews where the questions are so off the wall that I struggled to come up with an answer, such as, "If you were to live your life by a specific phrase or motto, which one would it be?" Dow's interview process is not filled with this type of fluff, which is wonderful.

Interview Question – The only question that caused me pause was one regarding my long-term goals. I am getting ready to graduate and had been concentrating on my immediate goals, so it took me a minute to think about that.   View Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Customer Service Specialist

Interviewed at Dow Chemical

Interview Details – Interview process starts with a 30 minutes' written test and as screening process and then a very brief 15 minutes' behavior interview and talk with human resources manager. In about 2 weeks, follow up with the second round on site interview for about an hour with a functional leader and 2 team leaders (panel interview).

Interview Question – Mostly behavior interview starting from walking through resume and lasts about an hour.   Answer Question

EHS Specialist Interview

EHS Specialist
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Interview Details – Process took about three months. Started with a phone screening that lasted about 20 minutes. About 2 months later I had a face-to-face interview with the Environmental staff (5 staff members) which lasted about an hour.
Most of the questions where related to my past work related to Title V permitting and Federal Regs mixed with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe a situation were you and to solve a complex problem while working together with a team.   Answer Question

Reliability and Maintenance Engineer Interview

Reliability and Maintenance Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – Fairly typical initial interview, behavioral questions and the like. Try and express some of your strengths in these answers. I personally only had one round of interviewing of approximately 30 minutes. I was given a call about 2 hours later telling me I got the job. Very great interviewers, as I did not find it very difficult to strike up a conversation. They were very good at asking questions about my resume, and figuring out who you are as a person.

Interview Question – Choose a time where you were put in a situation where someone was doing something wrong, and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Offer was great, and did not need to negotiate.

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!