Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.9

Analytical Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Danvers, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Danvers, MA) in September 2011.

Interview

2 managers asking technical questions for 2 hours. Very grueling, exacting, but if you know your stuff you should be all right. Panel interview with 2 PhD chemists. No lab tour. Very tight security until you are in. No preview of questions, structured interview which changes each year.

Interview Questions

• Describe an example of random and systematic error and how they relate to an ICP-MS.   1 Answer

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was fairly casual. First was questions to make sure I fit the job description. Then I gave a 15 min research presentation followed by technical and behavioral questions. They saved time at the end for me to ask questions. Just interviewed today, so no idea if I will get a second interview or an offer yet.

Interview Questions

• What was the biggest challenge in grad school (research or other lab-related)?   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Interview

Behavior Based Questions. Everything starts with: "Describe a time when." It was a simple interview and the group of people asking me the questions were very receptive and made it easy to answer the questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe a time when you have had a member of your group who wasn't contributing their fair share; what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Chennai (India)) in May 2014.

Interview

The Electrical boss do not know much about detailing, the interview was more on communication, situation management and self awareness. Just checking the talkativeness, presentability etc. Felt that this should not be the interviewing process for the engineering company, more like marketing company. more questions on conflict management,

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Austin, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

In the interview they asked a lot of standard behavioral questions. They were sort of specific but nothing too difficult. There was also an information session on campus, which was very helpful in connecting with the recruiters and getting to ask more questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a conflict in a group project.   Answer Question

Quality Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Interview

5 Person panel interview. First there was a telephone interview, asking about my experience in the laboratory. I was then asked to come in for the panel interview. Each person asked approx. two questions each

Negotiation

None

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Applied through indeed.com. About 3 weeks later I was invited for a work sampler and panel interview that consisted of 4 people. One week later I was emailed with an offer. Overall great experience . Dow keeps a high percentage of their interns. As long as you perform up to standards.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to give a presentation to a crowd and what was their response.   Answer Question
    • what are your strengths and weakness? How do you use your strengths on a daily basis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No need for negotiation.

Contractor R&D Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Marlborough, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was personality based for the most part. Very little as far as technical or functional knowledge. The process was very long and grueling. I met with 10 people over the course of four hours. They came in round robin style. Every 15-20 minutes they would switch out for another interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current job? Where do you want to be in three years? Pretty standard stuff.   Answer Question

Production Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Deer Park, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

A Human Resources representative, production technologist, site leader and production leader were all present and took turns asking questions. I was asked to expound on my work related experience and situational questions to gauge my demeanor and social skills in a team oriented working environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time when you had a disagreement with a co-worker.   Answer Question
    • Tell us of a time when you were able to sway someone with whom you had a disagreement to your way of thinking.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trichy (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Trichy (India)) in September 2014.

Interview

There was a shortlisting based on GPA, and the top 15 from the class were selected. After this, there was a GD round, from which 6 were shortlisted. This was followed by a technical interview, with the respective RLs. Finally, there was an HR interview with the HR leader, after which the results were announced.