Dow Chemical

198 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Co-Op Interview

Midland, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied for job online through website. Got a call back about a month and a half later. There was a panel interview with 3 people. Got a call back the next day saying that I received the job and the next step was to set up a drug test for the company.

Interview Question – How have you personally changed the outcome of a group going in the wrong direction?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation for this job, other than hours worked.

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – Typical R&D interviewing process - presentation of expertise area, followed by 3-6 one on one interviews about experiences and fit.

Interview Question – How do you see yourself contributing to the company?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible

Systems Manager Interview

Systems Manager
Saginaw, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2011.

Interview Details – Direct interview with the hiring manager.

Interview Question – What would I do if I didn't know the answer or how to do a job that was assigned to me.   Answer Question

Human Resources Intern Interview

Midland, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Interview Details – Very welcoming. Felt more like a conversation in both interviews I participated. No difficult questions or ridiculous ones. They all centered around making sure you are the right fit into Dow's culture. Very professional.

Interview Question – Share an example of a time you knew there was a more innovative or better way to accomplish something, but instead chose not to do it that way, and why did you choose not to do it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very friendly. They had an extremely competitive off right away. There was no need for me to negotiate anything. Great company, that stays on promised timeline or even ahead.

Summer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview questions were were very straight forward for example, tell us about a a time when you had to work with a person who was hard to work with, previous college projects. I think that they mostly look for co-op students who could work for Spring and continues then for summer as well.

Interview Question – There wasn't really any difficult questions.   Answer Question

EH&S Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – Interviewed on university campus and was asked mostly behavioral type questions. The interviewers (one a recent hire and one a manager) seemed to really enjoy the opportunities for growth at Dow.

Interview Question – What area of Dow do you find the most interesting?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

R& D Technologist Interview

Marlborough, MA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2013.

Interview Details – Initial resume screen followed by phone interview

Interview Question – What did you do in your previous position that impressed your co-workers? I got the impression the primary goal of phone screen is to nail down expected salary and past salary. I learned very little new about the position I was applying for beyond what I already knew.   Answer Question

Senior Chemist Interview

Midland, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – Initial screening on campus, was invited out for onsite interview. Day consisted of formal presentation, followed by individual meetings with senior engineers and scientists. Most of the questions focused on your research or interests, and many were more like informal conversations. Similar things were asked by others at meals. Long day.

Interview Question – If you could work on anything at all, what would it be?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much unfortunately

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Maintenance Engineer
New Orleans, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – Interview process took about 3 days. They send you to a Dow Hiring Expo which takes place at the plant they are hiring you for. You have about 2-4 interviews and your done. Process is quick and easy.

Interview Question – Questions were STAR based.   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Freeport, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2013.

Interview Details – On campus interview--on site interview