Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Jul 26, 2015

2.9

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Detroit, MI) in November 2014.

Interview

Met recruiter at a career fair and they did a quick review of my resume asking me to elaborate more on things like volunteer work and research. I received a call for an interview the next day at the campus. I had one interviewer, a process engineer. She asked basic behavioral question nothing out of the ordinary. I took a business card for HR person I met at the fair and followed up after a month had passed and I heard nothing. About 2 weeks later I received an email saying that I did not get the job.

Summer Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Stopped by their booth at a campus recruiting event, applied online through the school's on campus recruiting website, received an interview, went to the interview and was offered the internship 30 minutes after interviewing.

Interview Questions

• There were lots of situational questions such as "tell me about a time.." be sure to have multiple examples because some questions were simply reworded versions of each other.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at my college career fair. I was offered an interview the next day. The interview was a basic HR interview. No questions were a surprise to me. Overall, the process was pretty pleasant.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were very hard. Just basic HR questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical (East Lansing, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

General campus interview. There was no specific job description. The resume was submitted to the recruiters through the department secretary. An one on one interview was arranged for each applicants (I believe all the applicants got the chance for the interview).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. One hour on-campus interview. Advisor was contacted for recommendation. Invited for 2 on-site interviews for Marlborough, MA and Freeport, TX. 45 minute seminar + 15 minute questions. 7-8 one-on-one interviews with scientists in groups that were looking to hire + lab tour. Flown immediately to the next site and repeated the same process.

Process Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Panel interview consisted of 5 members, They asked a series of personal and business related questions. panel members made individual inquiries for reassurance I was the best candidate. Then the panel allowed me time to ask questions I felt were pertinent. The interview was well structured and pleasant. All members of the panel were prepared, and professional. It was by far the best interviewing experience I have ever had. Would recommend Dow Chemical to anyone looking for a job in the Chemical processing field.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Had my interview at a campus recruiting event. The questions were mainly focused on my research project, with several behavioral questions such as "how do you collaborate with people in a team setting", "how do you resolve a conflict with your boss", etc.

Application

Interview

They set up a routine and normal interview. First, I was asked to talk about my research, then asked some basic behavioral questions during my description of research. It is quite dynamic, but basically focused on the most recent research experience.

Interview Questions

• Any collaboration outside of your group. How did you return to them for their help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was a campus recruiting. CV was needed to be sent prior to the interview. Contacted by the interviewer via email that I need to apply through online, and send a research highlight. The interview was scheduled later. Around 1 hr interview with mostly behavioral questions. There were some questions regarding research, but not research itself, so these were also behavioral questions I think.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a situation that you needed to finish a project, but you couldn't do this? What did you do? or if you haven't had, what would you do?   Answer Question

Phd Chemist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Submitted resume to university system for campus recruitment interview. They screen initial candidates based on the resume, then contact the applicant directly for a college campus interview. There was also an information session a day before the actual interview, where perspective applicants can ask the company questions.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions on leadership and teamwork   Answer Question