Dow Chemical Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.9

Summer Intern/Coop Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

The interview was on campus and I applied through the career center website. I do not know if there are more steps to the process or if they offer you the job on the spot so I can not comment on what happens next. I did not get any offer to return so I have no other information

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when... These were difficult when I was a sophomore interviewing as I didn't have too much experiences to draw upon and ended up having to connect a weak example.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Interview Questions were fair and the interviewer was very nice. Be comfortable moving around in the company, networking and making sure safety is your #1 priority while you are doing work

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very typical personality and situationally based questions   Answer Question

Finance Development Program - Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Started out with a campus interview/screening with a few behavioral questions. I was invited to come stay overnight in Midland to have a day of interviews on-site at Dow. Full day from breakfast through lunch and then some with a bunch of interviews. Some were informal, and others were more formal with a list of behavioral questions. Takes a couple weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions
    • Behavioral questions are only hard if you don't have any experiences to relate them to. They were focused on leadership and teamwork.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

The interviewer read the questions off her laptop and basically read off a list of questions. I only got behavioral questions in my interview. The interviewer was friendly and shared personal stories.

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Most of the questions were behavioral based. The interview was about an hour. They definitely look for the STAR method when answering questions. There were some experienced based questions even though I had no formal experience. The interviewer was very pleasant and not intimidating. It was overall a good interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • There were quite a few similar questions regarding working with others so be sure to have a few examples for teamwork.   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

20 min discussion about the research & 20 min behavioral questions (How do you handle the difficulties in your research, tell me about the creativity and importance of your research, why do you choose Dow Chemical Company?)

Production Engineer Interview

interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

I submitted an online application and spoke to them at a career fair. I got an interview with them which I thought went very well. The lady was very nice and she told me a great deal about what it is like to be an engineer at Dow.

Performance Material R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

I was first invited to the on-campus, one-on-one, interview. The interviewer was very friendly, general behavioral questions were asked. Three weeks later, I was invited to an on-site visit at Freeport Texas. They paid for all the expenses including travel, lodging, and meals. I arrived hotel on Thursday night. I had breakfast with my host at the hotel. I made a presentation about selected topics from my PhD thesis in the morning, followed by interviews with individual Dow fellows, managers. During the presentation, I got interrupted for a lot of questions so I was not able to finish the presentation, but the interaction between us seemed fine. I had lunch with a young employee who shared a lot of experiences working in Dow with me. In the afternoon, I was interviewed by three other Dow fellows. Conversations were very friendly, some discussion about technical objectives and career in Dow.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you can make a Patent out of your previous work?   View Answer

Summer Intern Interview

The interview questions were were very straight forward for example, tell us about a a time when you had to work with a person who was hard to work with, previous college projects. I think that they mostly look for co-op students who could work for Spring and continues then for summer as well.

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

Dow came to my university and held approx. 40 minute 1:1 interviews, which consisted first of a brief presentation of my research. I found my interviewer to be friendly and not especially probing on this first interview. He mostly had questions about my research, then gave me the gist of an information session I had missed the day before. He followed up a few days later by phone. A second phone conversation came a week later with another recruiter. Again, he wasn't that probing and gave more information about the company and worked with me on where within Dow I would be a good fit.
    Two weeks later, I flew out for the on-site interview. After breakfast at the hotel with my host, I went over to the lab at core R&D and gave a presentation of my research, which was well received. The rest of the visit consisted of a lab and facilities tour, lunch and several 1:1 interviews with employees at various levels, as well as the manager. These mostly went very well with a couple of exceptions. The interview with the program director made me the most nervous. I caught myself elaborating too much. I left with a good feeling overall but an offer never came and my email inquiries were not returned.
    In truth, it was my first ever on-site interview and initially I was mostly along for the ride as I wasn't in any immediate need for a job. About halfway through, I got more serious about working there but I guess the first impression I gave wasn't strong.