Dow Chemical

Updated Mar 2, 2015
Updated Mar 2, 2015

2.9

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in March 2014.

First was the phone screening process; where they asked series of basic aptitude questions. Followed by the in-person interview with a group of people; where they had asked all types of question related to the industry, my background, work ethics, technical and personal.
    And then another round of interview, mostly short listed people were asked in-depth questions about my past experience followed by the offer letter. The whole process took about three months.

Interview Questions
    • What do I feel about the future of the company i applied for?   View Answer
    Always negotiate before getting hired and while you receive an offer letter.

Mobility Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Each question was expected based on the role so I did not see any difficulty in answering. All 3 people were patient and grading me as we moved along.

Interview Questions
    • nothing special, just practice your Monster.com questions and you'll be fine. Most of the questions are based on experience.   Answer Question
    it took about 2 weeks to get me on board but the negotiation phase was done on the same day.

Senior Analytical Specialist Interview

Got hired through campus recruiting in the university. Firstly signed up for interview with a recruiter graduated from a university close by. Interview was about half an hour, with mostly questions on graduate school research experience, specialization, problem solving experience etc. A few behavior questions, e.g. how well do you work with a team, how to deal with conflict, etc. Then got an onsite interview with a group of people in the department. 45 min presentation on research, Q&A, followed by 1-on-1s. Overall people were very friendly. Questions were not very hard to answer. Be yourself and be consistent.

Interview Questions
    • Most questions were not hard. But once I was given a chemical structure and was asked to design an experiment with it.   View Answer
    Not much room to negotiate.

Ph D Chemist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Research and behavior questions

Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

I met a recruiter through my institute's on campus career fair. Briefly discussed my position in school and goals involving a co-op position then handed my resume. Followed up with an online application that also involved another resume submission. Two weeks later I was offered to come in for an interview. I waited a week past the date the interviewer told me I would hear back from them about the interview results, then sent a follow up email inquiring their decision.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation, in which you had a solution to a problem in a group project, but one of the group members did not agree to your solution?   Answer Question

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Process took about three months. Started with a phone screening that lasted about 20 minutes. About 2 months later I had a face-to-face interview with the Environmental staff (5 staff members) which lasted about an hour.
    Most of the questions where related to my past work related to Title V permitting and Federal Regs mixed with a few behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation were you and to solve a complex problem while working together with a team.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2014.

Applied online as well as had a contact within the organization

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you knew you were going to miss a deadline.   Answer Question

Lead Architect Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Straight forward process. Had intro discussion with HR where they asked basic questions about my experience, why I was looking, and salary requirements. Then had 4 consecutive 30min discussions with a variety of leaders who each asked situational / behavioral type questions. Each person focused on a different characteristic.

Everyone from HR to interviewers were very nice and easy to talk with.

Interview Questions
    • Really know difficult questions. Asked things like " tell me about a time when you had a failure. What happened; what did you do? Learn?, etc."   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Typical R&D interviewing process - presentation of expertise area, followed by 3-6 one on one interviews about experiences and fit.

No negotiation possible

Treasury Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Chemical in January 2014.

Met recruiter at a social recruiting event and kept in contact. I received an invitation to interview a couple week after the last meeting. I reached out to a few others within Treasury at Dow. The interview was the only round and was on-campus.