Dow Chemical Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 21, 2014
212 interviews

2.9

Ph D Materials Science Interview

Campus Interview - 45 mins duration - Mostly technical questions about your research - A few behavioral questions - Interviewer was nice, had a laptop to take notes, was interested in new ideas and trying to find a match between your filed of expertise and the company’s needs - These interviews are preliminary and for screening for later onsite interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected really. What is the most important course you took?
      What is the project you worked on that you deem most successful?
        Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

So I spoke to them at our on-campus career fair, applied through my career center, and also applied on their website (which you are required to do in order to be considered).
    I was chosen for an interview and there were two interviewers. Both who I had already seen at the info session the night before. They started off by introducing themselves, what their positions were at Dow and then they asked me the "tell me about yourself" question. After that, they go straight into the behavioral questions and they asked me either 4 or 5 behavioral questions in a 30 min interview. Some of the questions included (may not be completely accurate because this is off the top of my head):

-Describe a time when you had to work with people from different backgrounds in order to complete a project.

-Describe a time when you didn't know the answer to something and how you sought about resolving it.

Can't remember if there was a fifth one, but after that they asked you if you had any questions to top off the interview.

Interview Questions
    • -Describe a time when you promised more than you could achieve on a project and how you handled the shortcoming.   View Answer

Summer Intern/Coop Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

The interview was on campus and I applied through the career center website. I do not know if there are more steps to the process or if they offer you the job on the spot so I can not comment on what happens next. I did not get any offer to return so I have no other information

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when... These were difficult when I was a sophomore interviewing as I didn't have too much experiences to draw upon and ended up having to connect a weak example.   Answer Question

Summer Internship Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2013.

I talked to representatives at a Career Fair at my university, and within a few days I received an email for an on-campus interview. It was a two person panel and they asked almost entirely behavioral questions. At the end of the interview, after I had asked them a few of my own questions, they both just stared at me. It was very uncomfortable.

Interview Questions
    • They asked many questions such as, "Tell me about a time when ___ happened...", which was difficult since none of them had ever happened to me.   Answer Question

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

Interview Questions were fair and the interviewer was very nice. Be comfortable moving around in the company, networking and making sure safety is your #1 priority while you are doing work

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very typical personality and situationally based questions   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

45 minutes interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult. A lot of behavior questions. Like any disagreement with advisor or coworkers and how you handled it?
      your strength? what is your accomplishment?
        Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Quick 30- minute interview. All of the questions were behavior based. They are really looking for someone that has a good fit with the company and that is capable of doing actual supply chain projects.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were, "tell me at about a time when...."   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. Pay was based on college classification

Senior R&D Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2013.

I got an on-campus interview with Dow earlier this month. The interview mainly focused on my PhD thesis. After many questions regarding my research, the interviewer began to ask questions about my personal qualities such as leadership, organizational, and collaboration skills. At the end, he offered me to go to different sites to have on-site interviews with Dow in October.

Alternating Term Co-op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2011.

I was able to get in contact with a recruiter on my school's campus. I networked through an event that a Dow representative was present at and later attended a career fair to talk to representatives a little bit more. I was granted an interview shortly after. The interview was pretty standard, there weren't any difficult questions, but I was a little confused by whether or not my interviewer liked me, his expression didn't change very much.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty standard questions. "What's a difficult situation you've been in and how did you deal with it" type questions.   Answer Question
    As a co-op student, the pay rate is dependent on the number of credit hours you have under your belt for school. My first term, I was a sophomore so I made a little less than I did last year when I was a senior.

Senior Analyst Interview

3 rounds. Interviews were setup through a recruiter. First round was telephone interviews with 2 senior managers. Second round was in site, back to back with 4 managers. The last round was with immediate supervisor and the VP. The whole process took almost 6 months.