Dow Chemical Maintenance Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (New Orleans, LA).

Interview

Interview process took about 3 days. They send you to a Dow Hiring Expo which takes place at the plant they are hiring you for. You have about 2-4 interviews and your done. Process is quick and easy.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter in a career fair who then offered me interview. The interview was quite simple and easy going, the recruiter was really friendly. He sold the company really well made me want to switch from wanting to work for their rivals to working for them instead.

Interview Questions

• It was mostly standard questions, why dow chemical? or just tell me a situation in where you had to use emotional thinking and how did you work with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

The University Career Services office told me about Dow recruiting in my university. I called the recruiter before she came and talked to her over the phone. She liked me and called me for a site interview. The position got filled by someone else but she refered me to another site. Got another on person interview in a different site. Had 2 interviews during the same day and 1 site tour. They called me later that day to give me a verbal offer. 3 days later I got the writing offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to use your technical knowledge. Why do you want to work for Dow. What would you bring of value to the company.   Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Job/task related examples: by competensies: Collaborating for Superior Results,Lead Courageously,Delivering Innovative Solutions,Generating Customer Value.

Interview Questions

• Having specific examples: for each competensInitiative Innovation Interpersonal Effectiveness Leadership Teamwork Learning Value Creation Market Focus, Functional   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in February 2013.

Interview

Applied online got a response from a recruiter in about 2 weeks. Asked me basics about my current jobs benefits and pay. Asked if I would be interested a position. Set up a phone interview. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager and her boss. Interview went well and asked to do a site visit. Did a site visit it was an all day affair with the hiring manger, and a full panel of employees. Asked a lot of questions about why Dow, standard interview questions, and technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What is an interference fit? How would you design one?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did most of the negotiation with the recruiter. They gave me everything I wanted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Chemical (New Orleans, LA) in November 2011.

Interview

The first interview was 1:1 in a conference and was completely behavioral, about 1 hour long, and requires a lot of details and more than one example per scenario. The second on site interview was with a panel during a hiring event, also behavioral but shorter and less stressing.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time in which you had difficulties leading with a person.   Answer Question