Dow Chemical

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New Orleans, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – Interview process took about 3 days. They send you to a Dow Hiring Expo which takes place at the plant they are hiring you for. You have about 2-4 interviews and your done. Process is quick and easy.

Interview Question – Questions were STAR based.   Answer Question

Maintenance Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – I talked to a recruiter in a career fair who then offered me interview. The interview was quite simple and easy going, the recruiter was really friendly. He sold the company really well made me want to switch from wanting to work for their rivals to working for them instead.

Interview Question – It was mostly standard questions, why dow chemical? or just tell me a situation in where you had to use emotional thinking and how did you work with it.   Answer Question

Freeport, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in February 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online got a response from a recruiter in about 2 weeks. Asked me basics about my current jobs benefits and pay. Asked if I would be interested a position. Set up a phone interview. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager and her boss. Interview went well and asked to do a site visit. Did a site visit it was an all day affair with the hiring manger, and a full panel of employees. Asked a lot of questions about why Dow, standard interview questions, and technical questions.

Interview Question – What is an interference fit? How would you design one?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did most of the negotiation with the recruiter. They gave me everything I wanted

Maintenance Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – Job/task related examples: by competensies: Collaborating for Superior Results,Lead Courageously,Delivering Innovative Solutions,Generating Customer Value.

Interview Question – Having specific examples:
Market Focus, Functional
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

New Orleans, LA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2011.

Interview Details – The first interview was 1:1 in a conference and was completely behavioral, about 1 hour long, and requires a lot of details and more than one example per scenario. The second on site interview was with a panel during a hiring event, also behavioral but shorter and less stressing.

Interview Question – Describe a time in which you had difficulties leading with a person.   Answer Question

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!