Dow Chemical

Dow Chemical Manager Interview Questions

1.0

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Manager Interview

Web based, well organized, speed depends on manager, relocation generally not offered in lower levels

Interview Questions
I have been an employee for > 20 years, so I will not comment as data would be old

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in January 2011.

I was contacted by their inhouse HR recruiter and advised of the position. He also sent me an e-mail with a link to the job posting. I applied online and a follow up was sent by the recruiter about 2 weeks later indicating that I was being considered for the position. A subsequent e-mail followed about 1 week later indicating that due to the forthcoming holidays, they intended to postpone the interviewing process until after the first of the year. The HR recruiter followed up at least once more to advise me that they were still interested and to expect a contact right after the 1st. True to their word, I did get an interview with the hiring manager (by phone) and his immediate boss (in person).

I was made to feel right at home during the process and the questions asked were relevant both to this position as well as to my background and experience. I obviously impressed them with my capabilities and qualifications as a subsequent offer ensued.

My overall impression is that Dow knows how to do this right. They have a structure and a process but aren't so rigid that you feel threatened or ill at ease.

Interview Questions
    • Mostly behavioral based questions but you didn't really feel like they were. Focus was on key skills of the position such as leadership, team work/collaboration and leading without direct authority.   Answer Question

I'd have loved to take the job but unfortunately the travel requirements would have wreaked havoc with my family life. Too bad!

Manager Interview

Interned at several facilities for several months then worked as consultant at manufacturing plants. Got to know the culture, project teams, plant directors, and management teams. They liked what I brought to the table, and when an opportunity arose due to a transfer, they offered me a position. I was ready to make the committment, so accepted the offer.

Interview Questions
    • How do we let your old boss know that you are coming to work for us now?   Answer Question