Dow Chemical Process Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

3.2

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Houston, TX
Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dow Chemical in July 2014.

I filled out an online requisition / application on Dow's website. (I happen to like Dow's job board and application process, by the way; it is quite slick and works very well.) I had to take a technical aptitude test during the application process, which I enjoyed. A couple days later I received an email saying Dow wanted to set up a phone interview with me. I responded to the email and set up a time, which was about a week later. When the interviewer contacted me, she was very nice, but she wasn't the hiring manager, therefore the answers I gave her were being recorded both by phone and by her typing my answers. She had canned questions. She was feeling me out and testing, mainly, my soft skills. She asked about ten questions, of which about half could have been answered by looking at my resume. The interview took about 30 minutes. After it was after, she thanked me and told me I could check the status of my application online, and I could also call an 800 number and inquire, but only after a period of about two weeks.

Interview Questions
  • Canned questions regarding the time I "handled a challenging situation on the job", and "what one thing makes me stand out against my peers". None of the questions are necessarily difficult, but these are the kind of questions that are difficult to answer because it's hard to know *exactly* what any given employer is looking for.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2013.

I interviewed with Dow after meeting them at my university's career fair. They were very nice and asked a number of standard behavioral interview questions...an experience with a difficult team member, a time you stepped up into a leadership role, etc. I heard back about 7 weeks later and was not offered an on-site interview.

Interview Questions
    • What was a time you stood up for something you believed in?   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

HR
    Process Engineers
    Hiring Manager

Salary None Negotiable

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

2 rounds of interview

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Applied online through the University of Alberta. There was two interviews, the first one was at the University and the second one was at the Dow Chemical facility in Fort Saskatchewan.

Both interviews consisted of Behavior Based Interview questions and there were different interviews for each round.

The two interviews asked some of the same questions

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you immediately dismissed an idea and it came back to you   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview process and planning was very good.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a difficult situation in the interview; it went very smooth.   Answer Question
    I simply accepted the offer without any negotiation.

Process Engineer Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in July 2011.

Every thing was as normal, but in the end they hold the recruitment process without notice.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!