Dow Chemical Research Chemist Interview Questions

3.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2009.

30 yrs ago, College campus interview, invitation for an onsite interview, interviews with multiple teams of several individuals in a couple of departments, job offer immediately (not normal)

Interview Questions
just discussed salary which is among the top tier of their type of company.

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  West Lafayette, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2013.

20 min discussion about the research & 20 min behavioral questions (How do you handle the difficulties in your research, tell me about the creativity and importance of your research, why do you choose Dow Chemical Company?)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Midland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2011.

After having a campus interview through my chemistry department, I was invited for an onsite interview. The interview was a full day. 8 am - 5 pm. The day started with a 45 min PhD level presentation with 15 minutes of questions. Followed by 8 different 45 minute interviews with hiring managers and one 30 minute HR meeting. Overall it went well but exhausting. Most questions focused on research, hardly an behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Can you explain this about your research?   Answer Question
    • If you had all the money in the world, what type of research would you do?   Answer Question

Research Chemist Interview

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2012.

Get an interview through on-campus recruiting. The recruiter was nice. It started with telling me something about your research and followed with many behavior question and a little bit technical question. No on-site.

Research Chemist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical in August 2010.

09-10 am, Presentation: I arrived at their campus about 8:30 am. After informing the receptionist the contact person, another lady came out and led me to the conference room where everyone (8 persons) was already sitting there and waiting for me. Presentation included personal experience and one specific topic and it was holding about 30 mins and 15 mins for questions and discussion.

10-12 pm, 1:1 Interview: After presentation, 1:1 interview kept going. Everyone had his own style and different questions. Some would introduce the function of this group first and keep discussing the differences between your research theory and practical cases. Some will ask your past experience according to the resume. The questions might be technical or non-technical. So, be prepared with what you listed on the resume.

12-01 pm, Lunch: The manager led you to the cafeteria and bought you the lunch. Took a break at this time and had a chat with them.

01-02 pm, 1:1 Interview: Interview with the manager. His questions would focus on your future plan and your personal character to see if you can fit this group. Also some practial questions without answers were mentioned. How to simulate this kind of issues by a lab-scale experimental setup. Be sure to ask and make sure you are clear with his question. Think about it carefully and then just answer. I think there is no correct or wrong answer for it. The manager wanted to see how you interpret his question and provide your viewpoints based on your past experience or knowledge.

After the interview, I was sent to another manager for a different job position which I did not expect. The content was almost the same. It took about 1 hour. Last, he walked me out of the building and finished a long day.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever complained about your advisor? If yes, what was it?   View Answer

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!