Dow Chemical Research Engineer Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Mar 16, 2014
4 interviews

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Research Engineer Interview

It was campus recruiting. The first round was mostly behavioral questions. At the beginning, I was asked to introduce my research for about 3-5 mins. The behavioral questions are standard questions.

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Anonymous Employee  in  Freeport, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2012.

The interview process was pretty standard. I gave a research seminar in the morning and then had one on one interviews for the rest of the day. One on one interviews were exhausting, due to the fact that I was the one who would always ask questions, initiate the conversation and so on. Imaging, by the end of the day I almost run out of questions....

due to location

Anonymous Employee  in  Freeport, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2012.

This is an on-site interview for a PhD level research Engineer in Hydrocarbon R&D group. I got this opportunity from an employee referral. The process started with a 45-60 min long presentation on my own graduate research, followed by 6-7 1:1 interviews with the research scientists/engineers. It also included a dinner the night before, a lunch during the interview, a lab tour and an HR wrap-up. The whole process was from 8AM to 3:30PM.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions are typical behavior questions that can be found on the internet. The interviewers asked a lot about my ability to work in a team-working and my research interests beyond my own field.   View Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Mumbai (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Lengthy +6months
    Half of the interviewers unqualified to evaluate your expertise
    No HR response for extended periods
    Interviewers unprepared to answer what your job profile will consist - only direct reporting supervisor is aware.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!