Dow Chemical

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Dow Chemical

Interview Details – It was campus recruiting. The first round was mostly behavioral questions. At the beginning, I was asked to introduce my research for about 3-5 mins. The behavioral questions are standard questions.

Interview Question – How will you approach others for help?   Answer Question

Freeport, TX

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical in December 2012.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard. I gave a research seminar in the morning and then had one on one interviews for the rest of the day. One on one interviews were exhausting, due to the fact that I was the one who would always ask questions, initiate the conversation and so on. Imaging, by the end of the day I almost run out of questions....

Reason for Declining – due to location

Freeport, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2012.

Interview Details – This is an on-site interview for a PhD level research Engineer in Hydrocarbon R&D group. I got this opportunity from an employee referral. The process started with a 45-60 min long presentation on my own graduate research, followed by 6-7 1:1 interviews with the research scientists/engineers. It also included a dinner the night before, a lunch during the interview, a lab tour and an HR wrap-up. The whole process was from 8AM to 3:30PM.

Interview Question – Most of the questions are typical behavior questions that can be found on the internet. The interviewers asked a lot about my ability to work in a team-working and my research interests beyond my own field.   View Answer

Mumbai (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – Lengthy +6months
Half of the interviewers unqualified to evaluate your expertise
No HR response for extended periods
Interviewers unprepared to answer what your job profile will consist - only direct reporting supervisor is aware.

Interview Question – None out of expertise / basic personal details   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dow Chemical

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dow Chemical Research Engineer interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dow Chemical employees and interview candidates.