Dow Chemical Research Scientist Interview Questions

Updated May 20, 2015

2.9

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Present research topic at a seminar, one on one with 8 people, dinner prior to the interview day, lunch with the team. Overall, everyone was very nice and they were not there to interrogate you. I had a great time meeting the team, talking about science, their work, their experiences.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Research Scientist Interview

Interview

Campus interview in Sep. Got notice of onsite interview in Oct. Onsite interviewed in Dec and got the offer 3 days after the interview. Good experience. Nice people. Base salary the same across all the locations in US for all fresh PhD graduates. Heard some other sites had hiring freeze.

Interview Questions

• Which research group would you choose if you want to do a post-doc?   Answer Question

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Campus interview, manager ask some typical behavior question and discuss your research. It depends on who are interviewing. Some are nice and there are a lot interactions. It's a nice experience.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical (East Lansing, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

General campus interview. There was no specific job description. The resume was submitted to the recruiters through the department secretary. An one on one interview was arranged for each applicants (I believe all the applicants got the chance for the interview).

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

Had my interview at a campus recruiting event. The questions were mainly focused on my research project, with several behavioral questions such as "how do you collaborate with people in a team setting", "how do you resolve a conflict with your boss", etc.

Research Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview

They set up a routine and normal interview. First, I was asked to talk about my research, then asked some basic behavioral questions during my description of research. It is quite dynamic, but basically focused on the most recent research experience.

Interview Questions

• Any collaboration outside of your group. How did you return to them for their help?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

It was a campus recruiting. CV was needed to be sent prior to the interview. Contacted by the interviewer via email that I need to apply through online, and send a research highlight. The interview was scheduled later. Around 1 hr interview with mostly behavioral questions. There were some questions regarding research, but not research itself, so these were also behavioral questions I think.

Interview Questions

• Have you had a situation that you needed to finish a project, but you couldn't do this? What did you do? or if you haven't had, what would you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Freeport, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Freeport, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Dow came to my university and held approx. 40 minute 1:1 interviews, which consisted first of a brief presentation of my research. I found my interviewer to be friendly and not especially probing on this first interview. He mostly had questions about my research, then gave me the gist of an information session I had missed the day before. He followed up a few days later by phone. A second phone conversation came a week later with another recruiter. Again, he wasn't that probing and gave more information about the company and worked with me on where within Dow I would be a good fit.
    Two weeks later, I flew out for the on-site interview. After breakfast at the hotel with my host, I went over to the lab at core R&D and gave a presentation of my research, which was well received. The rest of the visit consisted of a lab and facilities tour, lunch and several 1:1 interviews with employees at various levels, as well as the manager. These mostly went very well with a couple of exceptions. The interview with the program director made me the most nervous. I caught myself elaborating too much. I left with a good feeling overall but an offer never came and my email inquiries were not returned.
    In truth, it was my first ever on-site interview and initially I was mostly along for the ride as I wasn't in any immediate need for a job. About halfway through, I got more serious about working there but I guess the first impression I gave wasn't strong.

Interview Questions

• Describe any conflicts you have had.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Philadelphia, PA).

Interview

45 minutes interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult. A lot of behavior questions. Like any disagreement with advisor or coworkers and how you handled it?
      your strength? what is your accomplishment?

Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Chemical (Ann Arbor, MI) in September 2013.

Interview

Just got the on-campus interview after submitting the cv