Dow Chemical

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – 45 minutes interview.

Interview Question – Questions were not difficult. A lot of behavior questions. Like any disagreement with advisor or coworkers and how you handled it?
your strength? what is your accomplishment?
  Answer Question

Very Difficult Interview

Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dow Chemical in September 2013.

Interview Details – Just got the on-campus interview after submitting the cv

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness?   Answer Question

Research Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – Campus Interview

Interview Question – Very informal, they ask mostly about your researcg   Answer Question

Midland, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2009.

Interview Details – This was from the result of a campus interview. My research presentation went well, I thought, as did some of the interviewers. This one manager in the audience kept shaking his head disagreeably the whole time (which was very rude) and asked questions which were completely unrelated to my research. In the question session after the presentation, he announced that I had not addressed the expectations that he had. He came in with some pre-conceived notions about what I would be presenting, stuff that I had not mentioned anywhere on my resume or presentation abstract.

The rest of the 1:1 interviews were ok, most people asked canned behavioral questions. Some scientists asked good questions, others were quite lame.

Midland is square central with a total of 3 places to eat downtown.

Interview Question – What would you do if I gave you a million dollars to spend on any research project that you could?   View Answers (2)

Research Scientist

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical.

Interview Details – I talked with a campus recruiter and then was invited for an on-site interview. I gave a 45 minute seminar in the morning and then met with ~10 people for 30 minute interviews. I met with other employees for dinner the night before my interview and also for lunch during the interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!