Dow Chemical

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2012.

Interview Details – This was a on-campus interview for PhD graduates or to be graduates. The interviewer said that he is asking the same standard questions to everybody. Some of the questions asked were:
Why do you want to pursue a career in the industry instead of going to academics?
Tell me about your research.
How is your approach better than the others being used in the industry today?
How does your approach compare with others researching on the same topic?
In what areas can you contribute to the company with your skill set?

Interview Question – None in particular.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in October 2011.

Interview Details – All basic behavior questions, did a technical presentation at the beginning for 10 min.

Interview Question – what is your project used for.   Answer Question

Scientist

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Chemical in May 2011.

Interview Details – a phone pre-interview with HR people first. Then noticed for a one day on-site interview. Very intensive and exhausting but informative and enjoyable interview. Meet with ppl from different groups; ppl there are super nice and positive. Very impressive company. Questions are not difficult, but have to prepared ahead, e.g. what is your weakness, describe and give an example how to deal with difficult situation, what is your greatest achievement.

Interview Question – what is your greatest achievement   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dow Chemical

Worked for Dow Chemical? Contribute to the Community!

Dow Chemical Videos

Dow Chemical – Why Work for Us?

We’re for what goes after the equal sign. We are chemists. We are scientists. We are thinkers. Dreamers. Believers. And doers. We connect chemistry and innovation with the principles of sustainability to help address… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dow Chemical Scientist interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dow Chemical employees and interview candidates.