Dow Chemical

Dow Chemical Senior Chemist Interview Questions

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

Initial screening on campus, was invited out for onsite interview. Day consisted of formal presentation, followed by individual meetings with senior engineers and scientists. Most of the questions focused on your research or interests, and many were more like informal conversations. Similar things were asked by others at meals. Long day.

Interview Questions
  • If you could work on anything at all, what would it be?   Answer Question
Not much unfortunately

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Chemical

Senior CHEMIST Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical.

on campus interview and then onsite

campus recruitement

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dow Chemical in November 2012.

I sent my resume to Dow when they were interviewing on campus. Got an interview on campus that lasted about 45 min. This interview was pretty much what is expected from on campus interviews - talk about your qualifications and experiences, and behavioral questions, nothing uncommon. The guy was very nice and I felt very comfortable. About a month later I received an email to schedule an on-site interview in Philadelphia. Before contacting me they had contacted my advisor asking him to send a note about me. The on-site interview lasted 1 full day. I flew one day before to Philadelphia and met a guy the next day for breakfast. The guy had been recently hired. Then he took me to the company, I made a presentation of about 45 min. There were some technical questions about my work but nothing very difficult. Then I went to a room where people would come to interview me. I was interviewed one by one by 5 people. They were the hiring manager, associate scientist, associate director, research scientist, associate scientist and lead chemist. The interviews were pretty OK. I talked about my experience and qualifications when I had the chance (they wouldn't let me talk as much I as would like to, they talked a lot!!), they talked about the company and the group and so on...there were some technical questions about my work, what I thought about doing some other different reactions in my work for example, and questions about leadership, working in groups, etc... I had many questions but didn't get the chance to ask many. Finally I met with the HR human that explained me the benefits. They contacted me by email (a very rude email, considering that I had sent thank-you letters by mail to all of them) about 2 weeks later saying that they wouldn't extend me a job offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dow Chemical in January 2009.

Great processes in place, best place to work since the recruitment