Dow Corning

Getting the Interview

35 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sixsigma Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dow Corning.

Interview Details – Hiring manager is very nice and offer me job within five mins the HR asked a lot though

Negotiation Details – Not difficult

Senior Chemist Interview

Interviewed at Dow Corning

Interview Details – long process. an entire day of interviews plus a seminar, dinner the night before. had to wait 2 months before the offer was received, with no additional communication in between.

Interview Question – why do you want this job   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Chemist Interview

Midland, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dow Corning in June 2009.

Interview Details – Dow Corning uses the "targeted selection" process. This is a well-known and common set of questions used by many companies. There are many resources available online that will be much more helpful than a quick review like this, so I'd encourage anyone interviewing to search for it and prepare accordingly.

Interview Question – See above. Also, and this applies for any job, you should know something about the company. Head to dowcorning.com and read up!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated a higher salary using an offer in-hand from another chemical company.

BE Ready for Targeted Selection Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Dow Corning.

Interview Details – Targeted Selection

Interview Question – Typically stuff- tell me about yourself, your greatest weakness, a time when you didn't get along with a co-worker   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Small amount of negotiation

Engineer Interview

Midland, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dow Corning in January 2013.

Interview Details – Initial information was through a recruiter. The job had been posted for almost a year.

Interview Question – No particular questions were difficult.   Answer Question

Chemist Interview

Midland, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dow Corning.

Interview Details – Onsite interview. Had a tour. Gave a 40 minute seminar. Four different people asked interview questions.

Interview Question – It was a technical question, but it's been to long ago to remember what it was.   Answer Question

Chemical Engineer Interview

Chemical Engineer
Knoxville, TN

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dow Corning in March 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiting event through the university. Interviews also held at the university.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you failed and how you got past it.   Answer Question

Administrative Co-Op Interview

Midland, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Corning in February 2010.

Interview Details – I was first contacted by the manager through email (my preference) concerning the opening and I was able to ask her the location of the interview (because the Midland Plant is very big) and more information about the position, which she was willing to answer. The interview was very concise, yet informative as I was able to learn not only about my interviewer (who was my manager), but I also learned more about Dow Corning itself. It was a very pleasant experience.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you worked in a team and one member was not meeting the team's expectations?   Answer Question

Co-Op Interview

Midland, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Dow Corning in November 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone interview about one week later. A few basic questions were asked, mostly behavioral questions. I was then invited to come to the Midland site for an interview. When I arrived to the interview site, security could not get in contact with my interview personnel. I was asked to wait in the security office until contact was made. About 15 minutes later, someone did come get me for the interview. The interview process from the start seemed very disorganized. My original interviewer called in sick that day, which may explain why I did not get a job offer. About 20 questions were asked, mostly about work ethics and employee relations. The interview ended well and was told I would hear something by the end of the week. End of the week came and gone and heard nothing for four weeks. I then sent an inquiry email and found out that they forgot to contact me and apologized. That seems pretty unprofessional from a large corporation like Dow Corning. I only heard good things from Dow Corning, but now I see them in a different manner.

Interview Question – Describe a time when you had a conflict with another employee?   Answer Question

Reliability Engineer Interview

Elizabethtown, KY

The process took a day - interviewed at Dow Corning in May 2011.

Interview Details – After an hour long phone interview, I was invited to come visit for an in person interview. The in-person interview consisted of three rounds of one on one interviews plus a plant tour and a session on benefits. Throughout the one on one interviews, my resume was critiqued and I had to explain myself to three different individuals. The difficulty of the questions and the subject matter of the questions somewhat varied over the three interviews, but there was still a sense of redundancy in the questioning.

Interview Question – After covering my resume with three different people, I was pressed to come up with a specific role from my experience. Interviewer was not satisfied with my responses and seemed to be looking for an answer that I could not provide.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dow Corning