Dow Jones

Dow Jones Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dow Jones.

A phone interview was followed by an interview at the beautiful NYC office. It was relaxed, and took place with only one interviewer - the head of department. It lasted around 20 minutes and I was told of my success the same day.

Interview Questions
  • How have you handled a challenging customer interaction in the past? How would you change what you did now, looking back on it?   Answer Question
I don't think this starting position is negotiable.

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Jones

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dow Jones in July 2013.

Rude, unorganized, unprofessional. Got stood up on phone interview. Hunted down recruiter after 15 min. She got back saying the interviewer will call ASAP. AN HOUR PASSED! Recruiter went MIA. Finally got a barely apologetic email not accepting blame & reschedule info. New Call: Interviewer was 25 min late.

Interview Questions
    • Easy questions asked by asinine hiring managers. They want to know why you want the position, what news you consume and what Dow Jones products you know of such as Wall Street Journal etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones in January 2013.

The interview process started out with an initial phone call to set up a time for a interview. They were courteous and willing to work with you. If you get past the first phone interview then you move on to the second. The second interview is very standard and is similar to the first. The y ask the basic questions, so there are no tricks. After making past all two phone interview, the next process is meeting someone one-on-one. Now, the hiring manager who interviewed me was less prepared than any interview I've been on. There was the regular questions, but this hiring manager didn't seem interested. They didn't have a resume ready nor were they taking notes. It made you feel as if that hiring manager was most interested in what was around the office than what you were saying. The overall phone interviews went well, but meeting the hiring manager 1:1 was an unappealing experience.

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions: Why do you want to work for the Dow Jones? Tell me about yourself. Why should we pick you over the other candidates.   Answer Question