Dow Jones

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Value Executive Interview

Customer Value Executive
Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dow Jones in August 2009.

Interview Details – Initial interview was by phone. Took about 45 minutes. Detailed questions made by personable interviewer whose job it was to screen the first group of prospects who had either been referred by a current employee or had applied online through the company's career site. Second interview was by phone with the hiring manager. Very professional and polished demeanor. She had a much better idea of what the job would actually entail on a day-to-day basis than did the initial screener and in-house recruiter. Job was actually much different than what the company web site had described. Each interviewer allowed me to connect with them via LinkedIn, thus I had a much better idea of their backgrounds and career progression before we had our in-depth conversations. This was quite helpful in the process to assess the quality of Dow Jones employees and their usage of social media in a professional setting. People who work there seem very smart and driven. The economic downturn coupled with the downward slide of the publishing industry have made Dow Jones an even more competitive place to work. The third interview was an in-person interview where the hiring manager flew into town to spend an hour with each candidate during a two-day screening process. The next round of interviews for the finalists consisted of an online presentation made by the candidates to the hiring manager and another person at the vice president level. The company took three weeks after my last interview to contact me by email about my ultimate status in the process.

Interview Question – Describe in detail your most notable accomplishment when you were able to persuade a reluctant co-worker to change his/her mind about a business objective. How did you achieve this?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dow Jones

Worked for Dow Jones? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dow Jones Customer Value Executive interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Dow Jones employees and interview candidates.