Dow Jones Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2015

3.1

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Got a call from HR to schedule an interview. Went to the midtown office for the interview which lasted 30 minutes and went wonderful. At the end of the interview I asked when I should expect a call to know if I got the position and was told it would be a week. It's been a month now and still no word on the status. I've called the HR recruiter multiple times yet no response. Very disappointed in the way things are being handled as I'm still waiting for a decision after 4+ weeks

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in June 2015.

Interview

I've always wanted to work for Dow Jones but was extremely disappointed after my interview. The benefits were good but the salary was terrible! I'm shocked when company with such a great reputation would pay an embarrassing low salary. The HR manager actually tried to convince me the benefits compensate for the salary. No thank you!

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY).

Interview

Where do you see social media and HR headed?

Make a video of yourself (Feel free to be creative!)- Don't. They don't care that much about creative. Just make it news related.

Video Interview- pretty basic. All video questions from what I can remember.

For a company offering an HRLDP, how can you expect to develop HR candidates when your HR practices are not up to par?

Interview Questions

• Favorite Book? Behavioral questions. What do you know about Dow Jones?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and the response was actually pretty quick. Within the week I received an email requesting a phone interview. It was a brief discussion about my skills and what I know about the company. Pretty usual. The next morning I got a call at 9:00 am to informe I was invited to the facility for a live interview. I was emailed the details. The campus is beautiful and organized with a daycare on site. Also there is a coffee shop and frozen yogurt stand. All of the employees looked quite happy and relaxed. The interview began with a ten minute writing assessment followed by two face to face interview with two different pairs of managers, all of whom were extremely gracious and warm. I felt very welcome there. It ended with a brief role play session with the customer experience manager, a bubbly British man, who was also very warm and welcoming. Although it was probably the most intense interview I've ever sat through, it was very organized and informative and gave a wonderful impression of how the company works. The interview was today and I was informed they are hiring quickly and all applicants will receive a call by the end of the week with a decision. I am very eager to know if I've been considered.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

After the initial application, I was emailed to do an online interview. I did the Online video interview, which was simple. However, I wished I had heads up on what to expect. I was nervous that I won't do well and under answered the questions because they were timed responses. I prefer the in person questions to that method, honestly.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Jones in March 2015.

Interview

Applied through their website, created a powerpoint, as well as submitted a resume, cover letter and short essay. Heard back 3 months later and had a phone interview with HR. Was asked back for a Skype interview with manager of department I applied into. Third round interview over Skype with two executives.

Interview Questions

• How many people are eating pizza in Italy right now? Break down how you could calculate this   1 Answer

Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ).

Interview

Entire process took about 6 weeks, had hr interview then dept manager, they asked many questions. Very nice and down to earth people. Be patients I got a call few weeks later when I applied I didn't even remember that I applied for that position. Even after the interview I had to call HR to follow up. It's a union place so ask lots of questions before accepting the job.

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

It was a phone interview. And there was an online test. They send you a link and you can give test at home. The test is to test your technical knowledge The test was for about 2 hours and it was very difficult.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interviews were short, equal amounts selling me on Dow Jones and asking about my skills and experience. But the interview process was the easy part. Working my way through the offer and recruiting process was excruciating. Very hard to pin them down on offer details. They seemed as worried I would say no and interested in getting me to say yes. Going from "we'd love to have you on the team" to "attached is your official offer letter" was more than a month. Not exactly the welcome wagon.

Interview Questions

• Asked general questions about my experience. They did the work to see how I would best fit in with Dow Jones.   1 Answer

Final offer was for a position below my experience. Hard to understand why they went to all the trouble and strung me along. Comp was fine, but level was off.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Very poor hiring practices. I got an interview from the campus recruiting event. I met 4 people from different teams working on the same product. I got asked questions related to what I listed on my resume. They asked me some stuff about design patterns and asked me to draw out the complete architecture of one of the complex projects I worked on. Then, one of the guys made me write some code which was pretty straightforward for any CS student. I got called for final interviews a month later for which I had to meet the director who gave me a verbal offer in 2 minutes. Basically, the director just wanted to meet me and he told me I would hear back from the HR.

For a week, no response from the HR. Then, I hear back from her saying I will hear back again in a week or so. This was in October and today is January and I never heard back from them. I tried calling them and emailed them as well but I never got any response. This is the most unprofessional thing I've seen in my entire life. In fact, I wasted about a month thinking I'd get my official offer letter and I'm all set. If they were planning to take this long or even decline me, they could just say it so I'd stop waiting for it.