Dow Jones Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

3.1

Technologist Interview

Interview

very normal process: -first of all, resume screening. -second, phone interview. Very nice talk. ask for background -third, onine interview. talk to machine, a little bit weird -lastly, on-site interview- three 1:1 interviews with IT leaders

Senior Developer Interview

Interview

Phone interview on-site Interview

Interview Questions

• Basic questions (OOPS concepts, XML and SQL server) and Resume screening   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Casual and short, met future boss and dotted line boss

Negotiation

Easy, there was not much room for negotiating

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Be able to show your prospecting skills, cold calling, social networking, etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Accepted good starting salary.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

Probably the WORST company to interview with. They are a mess internally. Don't waste your time and energy. They don't respect your time whatsoever. They dragged the process for months and months. After the process, they didn't even have the courtesy of replying back to any of my correspondence. At one point, they said I had the job but then they told me I had to wait a few months. People working here are NOT happy. They finally offered the position 3-4 months after the start of the interview process. I declined. I took another offer with a company that actually respects your time.

Interview Questions

• None. Questions were easy. Went through the entire process and then they dragged it on for months and months about offering a job.   Answer Question

Culture is a joke, wasted my time, decided I would be extremely unhappy there. Company is in shambles right now. NO funding, NO culture, it's a skeleton of it's past.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ithaca, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Ithaca, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Very nice - I was interviewed by two interviewers who asked me technical questions (I studied up on finance before it but they only asked technical questions) They asked me to go through my resume and asked about a few things and I gave them a demo of some of the sites I worked on. They asked me a few pretty simple algorithm questions - how to find the missing number in a consecutive sequence missing one number. The algorithms were very simple and I thought they were a bit easily impressed. They also asked a few non-algorithmic programming question which I did not know but it was easy to talk myself out of it. Great interview overall - they make you feel comfortable and valued.

Interview Questions

• How does instant chat work? How is it implemented?   1 Answer

I have not decided yet actually. waiting to hear back form a few other places

Java Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in July 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was really simple 1 phone interview followed my face to face interview They asked very basic OO concepts in the telephonic interview face to face interview was more coding related and case specific with some white board coding.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was unexpected in fact is was much easier than expected.   Answer Question

Telesales Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dow Jones (London, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

FIrst, I had a telephone interview with the recruitment head. She asked me a few questions testing my knowledge of the sales process and broadly my experience. After the initial interview, she arranged a face-to-face interview with my (then) boss and he asked me a few questions about my experience. I passed that interview and was told that for the next interview I had to prepare a presentation which involved pitching a Dow Jones product over the phone with the aim of securing a meeting. On the same day I was told of the outcome.

Portfolio Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Washington, DC).

Interview

Typical questions for an interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate at all because I was young and stupid :/

Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dow Jones in November 2009.

Interview

Phone interview with US, face to face interview with local manager and manager from UK.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for a number within a min - max range and was given the mid value in between.