Dow Jones

Updated Nov 5, 2014

3.1

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones in February 2009.

Initial phone screening, then onsite interview where you will meet briefly one on one and two to three managers, there is also a skills test consisting of a writing sample and a test simulation for the work you are expected to perform.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you demonstrated teamwork skills   Answer Question
    none

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Jones in February 2009.

First, I got on the phone with then General Manager and he described the project. Then, I met with him and the Director (separately) in person the next day. The day after that, I came in and met with two more team members. Then, the GM asked me back the next day and made me an offer. It all happened very quickly.

Interview Questions
    • They presented me with some of the current problems they were facing with the project and asked me to come up with some possible solutions on the spot.   Answer Question
    Yes. Negotiations were tough. There was pressure to act fast because they wanted me to start right away.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monmouth Junction, NJ

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones in January 2009.

Interviewed with HR Rep (outsourced); interviewed with hiring manager. HR Rep and HR department not particularly knowledgeable about benefits. Hiring manager was easy to talk with and ask questions. Everyone in the interview process was cordial and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • What are your salary expectations for this position.   View Answer
    Was able to negotiate salary. Be sure to get everything in writing.

National Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones in September 2008.

Phone Call by a sales manager and then a follow up interview with sales director

Interview Questions
    Straight forward no real room for negotiating

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Princeton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dow Jones in May 2008.

friendly hr staff. met in princeton nj. HR was very nice. Off ice is big and a bit intimidating. Went through 5 interviews in a row. Was asked about past experience and goals. if travel to NY was ok. pretty standard stuff.

was brought back 2 more times to meet more senior mgmt. They check references and mine were unavailable for a few weeks which slowed my offer down

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about project management - waterfall vs. agile (they do both)   View Answer

Research Editor Interview

after a week of submitting application form through the online. I get the phone called from the company and set up the conference interview. Since, I went back to my home country.. There are three sections of interview's process (Asking personal detail, giving scenario, research test) . Total time spend approximately 3 hours including test

Ps, the questions for interview are very general and follow the logic...
    I did not get this job but they are very professional to inform after your following up email.

Interview Questions
    • How you going to cope with the high volume of information?   Answer Question

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Got the call about a couple of months after I applied for the position online. Swift phone interview, followed by a face-to-face interview and written test. A month or so later, got a call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • How I would integrate a group or a team with individuals from various countries and backgrounds and get the best out of them.   View Answer
    OK. Not much wriggle room for pay negotiation.

Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Probably the WORST company to interview with. They are a mess internally. Don't waste your time and energy. They don't respect your time whatsoever. They dragged the process for months and months. After the process, they didn't even have the courtesy of replying back to any of my correspondence. At one point, they said I had the job but then they told me I had to wait a few months. People working here are NOT happy. They finally offered the position 3-4 months after the start of the interview process. I declined. I took another offer with a company that actually respects your time.

Interview Questions
    • None. Questions were easy. Went through the entire process and then they dragged it on for months and months about offering a job.   Answer Question

Culture is a joke, wasted my time, decided I would be extremely unhappy there. Company is in shambles right now. NO funding, NO culture, it's a skeleton of it's past.

Marketing Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dow Jones.

Fast paced and friendly but a little disorganised/ ad-hoc.

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about this role? (A tricky one considering you're still interviewing for it...)   Answer Question

Officer Interview

Three rounds in total. First round: phone interview by Hr; second round: phone interview by regional manager; third round: senior management

Interview Questions
    • What do you know about our recent news?   View Answer