Dow Jones Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Princeton, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dow Jones (Princeton, NJ) in February 2014.

Interview

Process took months after initial phone interview. I was brought back several times and interviewed with several people over the course of several months. HR outline salary parameters during the course of the first phone interview asking if I was willing to accept this at a minimum. As it turned out, HR misled me for months and during the offer stated they were unable to met the stated salary due to budget restraints. Very dishonest.

Interview Questions

• Very interested in management style and handling of various personalities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The process was months in the making and HR backed off from the original offer which I felt was extremely dishonest and unprofessional. At this point, I had been in the process for months and accepted the position with a caveat of a full salary review after one year of successful employment.

Other Interview Reviews for Dow Jones

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dow Jones.

Interview

No offer, but decided to decline anyway even if made an offer. Heres why: Disorganized. Inability to make decisions. Fails to keep candidates updated on status. Acknowledged morale in in the toilet. These are big turn-offs. All of the negative reviews about this place should have been a sign but its good to practice your interviewing skills. Initial phone interview, then asked to go for on-site in NYC, to be changed to on-site in NJ. After the NJ interview, told it would be follow up phone interview, then told another on-site but with a different person, then that changed to on-site with 2 people. 2 weeks pass - told no update. Then, they just ignore your emails. The time from interview to being told of their decision was more than 2 months. If their indecisiveness in the hiring process is any indication of their business model, this would explain why their products (maybe except for WSJ), are not taken seriously and can't compete in the marketplace. Multiple thumbs down.

Interview Questions

• None - had more experience than most of the interviewers.   Answer Question